06/25/17, 06:53 AM   #1
Zagadka
Music Control

I don't know if it is possible, but I think that every game should have the option to change the frequency of sound. Half of the time when running around, it is just silent, which is annoying. Any kind of music control would be great.
06/25/17, 08:13 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you even try to use the addon search first?
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/search.php

Music
Audio

Several results
06/26/17, 12:00 AM   #3
Zagadka
I was actually dumb and looked for "Music" and "Audio" at the icons, but didn't see the "UI Media" and, even dumber, didn't search. So thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

However, those aren't quite doing what I want. Music Toggle is a switch to turn it on or off, and Travel Music describes itself as "It's for players who only want music while travelling with the horse and no music when walking or doing other stuff."

In any event, they aren't doing what I want. Might poke into converting one... I basically just want music playing 100% of the time, since there is so much sound based in the game that you can't play your own music in the background as in other MMOs.
06/26/17, 09:34 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ah ok, but I think there is no way to start playing the music by the help of addons.
afaik we can only change the volumes :-(

I've turned the music off and listen to my own one.
06/27/17, 09:26 PM   #5
Zagadka
Hm. See, this is annoying. Would it at least be possible to macro something to force it to start playing when it isn't?
06/28/17, 12:12 AM   #6
Dolgubon

The only controls addons have for the game music is the audio settings. That's it. We also can't determine the actual volume of sound coming out, or what music is playing, or something like that.
A macro could, conceivably play with the game's audio settings, based on what's coming out of the speakers, but it'd likely be complicated to make, and might break the TOS depending on how it is implemented.
06/28/17, 05:23 AM   #7
Zagadka
Hrm. It is able to be started on the loading screen (the mod for that works)...
06/28/17, 10:23 PM   #8
iwontsay
I don't have much hope for this. Background Music seems to be quite deeply embedded in the system and not controllable via the LUA API.

It starts with the simple fact that the BGM fades out whenever you get in earshot of a bard singing (that's actually the first time I've noticed that in a game - in many other games the BGM and the bard playing made up for a horrible earsore) - if you can find the code managing this, you might have a chance. I tried, though, no such luck.
06/29/17, 12:00 AM   #9
Zagadka
Well, thanks for looking into it. Doesn't seem possible.

Next best thing, DLing the soundtrack and playing it in the background as mp3.
06/30/17, 03:07 PM   #10
Gamer1986PAN
Haven't read all, but i use this addon and i love it. You just need some keys for binding and you should maybe change the value in the ACDVolume.lua from 3 to a higher one. I like to go with 5 but its up to you. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info9...rolDoctor.html

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Music Control