05/23/17, 12:45 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
is this ZoS or an addon LUA error ?

Code:
2017-05-23T14:08:44.492-05:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:592: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:592: in function 'PlayerProgressBar:UpdateBar'
	EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:886: in function 'PlayerProgressBar:OnBarLevelChange'
	EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:365: in function 'onLevelChangedCallback'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/StatusBarTemplates.lua:174: in function 'ZO_WrappingStatusBar:SetValue'
	EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:523: in function 'PlayerProgressBar:SetBarValue'
	EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:791: in function 'PlayerProgressBar:AnimateFillIncrease'
	EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:774: in function 'PlayerProgressBar:OnWaitBeforeFillComplete'
	EsoUI/Ingame/PlayerProgressBar/PlayerProgressBar.lua:395: in function 'func'
	EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:195: in function '(anonymous)'|r

Popped in Cyrodill but never in other area.

Any idea please ?
I was on cyrodill. Only time it popped. Never in other areas.
05/23/17, 04:07 PM   #2
Enodoc
Looks like a ZOS error, and looks like it's related to the XP bar or skill bars that pop up in the top left corner when they update. While it appears to be a ZOS error, it could possibly still be caused by an add-on, if you have any add-ons that affect the XP bar.
05/24/17, 01:14 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

I usually get this when I hand in all 6 daily crafting writs in quick succession and I am pretty sure it is a ZOS bug, but I never tried it without addons so I can't tell for certain.

I looked into the files once and it seems that the progressbar code would require a big refactor in order to solve it. Problem is that the same bar is used for different things and the type is set on the fly. The animation code relies on the type, but it gets unset somewhere before the animation finishes and when the next callback executes you get the error.
05/24/17, 02:30 AM   #4
Anceane

From memory, it happened when at the same time, i leveled, captured a keep (so received, achievement), finished a daily with Kill x of, and got Revenge achievement, ALL at the same time, on a new character.

May be it was too fast that all those happened at the same time.

Thank you for your answers
05/24/17, 08:15 AM   #5
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Thanks for the info. This is tricky to reproduce, which I guess is why we haven't seen it internally.
05/24/17, 08:58 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

If you can't reproduce it, you could at least add a line "if not barTypeInfo then return end" to the UpdateBar function to avoid the error. I am pretty sure it only appears in situations where a lot of stuff is going on and nobody will notice one skipped update call.
05/24/17, 09:48 AM   #7
Anceane

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Thanks for the info. This is tricky to reproduce, which I guess is why we haven't seen it internally.
ROFL just had the same on my second warden little one (made a magicka and stamina), and as i follow almost the same path to level them .... today lv 10 i cyrodill, i exploded the counters it seems, as the same happened.

(Keep, resources, quest, two new titles, ....revenge, and 2 levels almost at the same time). (i have so far 12 mails Reward for the noob (worthy later), so you see i worked a lot :P)
05/24/17, 11:10 AM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
ROFL just had the same on my second warden little one (made a magicka and stamina), and as i follow almost the same path to level them .... today lv 10 i cyrodill, i exploded the counters it seems, as the same happened.

(Keep, resources, quest, two new titles, ....revenge, and 2 levels almost at the same time). (i have so far 12 mails Reward for the noob (worthy later), so you see i worked a lot :P)
Is this with or without addons?
05/24/17, 12:35 PM   #9
Anceane

Is this with or without addons?
With addons. Do you want my list ?

As i am still on Cyrodill, i will disabled all and go on, i have a lot of quests to give, and i will join a group for keep and such and tell the result.

Concerning my addons, none are modifying the progress bar. All compass settings are disabled be ZoS or addons.
Destinations, skyshards, lorebooks are disabled
and just prior to this i disabled Dressing room which was messing with my skills and removing them from the bar

As i have still a free character open, if need i can still create a new one. I dont mind to test if its needed
05/24/17, 03:18 PM   #10
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
With addons. Do you want my list ?

As i am still on Cyrodill, i will disabled all and go on, i have a lot of quests to give, and i will join a group for keep and such and tell the result.

Concerning my addons, none are modifying the progress bar. All compass settings are disabled be ZoS or addons.
Destinations, skyshards, lorebooks are disabled
and just prior to this i disabled Dressing room which was messing with my skills and removing them from the bar

As i have still a free character open, if need i can still create a new one. I dont mind to test if its needed
If you can reproduce this without addons we'd be interested in that. We haven't been able to reproduce it interally.
05/24/17, 03:51 PM   #11
Anceane

If you can reproduce this without addons we'd be interested in that. We haven't been able to reproduce it interally.
Will try tomorrow by creating a new character. It seems that it happens only when you are low and gaining suddenly a lot of xp, ap,

Our guild is not doing anything pvp tonight
05/24/17, 04:24 PM   #12
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Will try tomorrow by creating a new character. It seems that it happens only when you are low and gaining suddenly a lot of xp, ap,

Our guild is not doing anything pvp tonight
Thanks for the help
05/25/17, 09:24 AM   #13
Anceane

Thanks for the help
Just post you to inform that i am actually leveling the new character. Lv 4 so far .... once 10, i will go to cyrodill with no addons and post later the results

(on the funny side, i thought i would create a new fast one with no research ... but no, needed her background, name research and look :P reason took me a little time hehe )

lv 8 so far ...

lv 10 on cyrodill, no addons, BUT this is the quietest zone i have seen since long haha

No one fighting for now. So my test will not be possible as i know that alone i will not be able to gain as much reward that i did the other day. It will be at a very slow pace, so with no trouble.

I will try again another time.

Last edited by Anceane : 05/25/17 at 01:51 PM.
05/27/17, 11:02 AM   #14
Anceane

I do not forget you but so far it has been very hard to get the same *conditions* as for now DC is errr ... not the winner ...

may be if you try to give all those conditions to a new character that you test :

-at lv 10 go to Cyrodill
-do the training to gain some advance
-organise a false group and make you character receive those different rewards all at the same time :
Revenge, Recruit, Keep, gain 2 levels at the same time, and make your line of abilities pvp reach lv 4 attack and support

Basically that's all i did in a very short time with a group that was really kicking and going for Emperor (and they did)

Each time with two characters i basically had the luck to raise very fast and ... got the LUA error.

I am still testing though in case, but the conditions are really not the same actually.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » is this ZoS or an addon LUA error ?