02/21/14, 09:27 PM   #1
Lorithian
Archer-(new to ESO forums)

Hello ya'll
I am new to ESo..just started reading up on the game recently. I want to play an Archer or a Healer...Probably an archer more for once.( i always heal) But i was wondering is there like a dual spec situation where my character can do both? Like most other MMO's?

Also...Whats a good skill tree....I think Templar Archer looks fun..some self healing with bows..but is it viable as a real option.

I know..play what seems fun..but sometimes the most interesting cannot carry its wait in any sort of end game content, so i kinda like to do both:")

Thanks much!

Lorithian
02/22/14, 12:18 AM   #2
ESOljl

well, as an archer you will be initiating attack because of range. In the last beta I saw many Nightblades who were using bows. Many of them were Khajiit, although why they didn't choose Bosmer (Wood Elf) puzzles me. Wood Elf has +15% experience gain to the bow skill line.

Siphoning skill line in the NB class have skills that can be morphed to heal you and allies.

Just my thoughts. I only played this past beta and I am not a theorycrafter by any means, hehe.
02/22/14, 01:11 AM   #3
TopfliteB

Lorithian, welcome to the ESO-world mate! You get to squirm and scratch like coke addicts like the rest of us until launch!

But seriously, choosing which class to play is a tough task. Basically because while each has it's own special feelings to them, they're all VERY much alike. You can very easily build up 2 characters of 2 different classes, and end up with each being almost the same. But it IS those little things, like specific class skills, that give them their uniqueness.

As for which one to pick, for your first character I'd say just think about how you MIGHT want to play and choose the class that SEEMS close. I emphasize those words because it is very easy to start out thinking you're going to be a sneaky thief, and then part way in completely change your mind and become a heavy armor and 2-H Axe user or something similar.

My point is, there are a TON of tools available now with information of each class, each race, and ways to build characters. However until you get to really playing, it's very difficult to know what best fits you.

Still, we can certainly try and help you narrow it down a little!
This could be a decent Bow-Healer for group play. It's got enough bang to get it done, and some nice heals.

For solo play, though similar to the last build, this build adds in a little more pew-pew

Basically, think about what race you want to play, do alot of reading on articles and such, and keep asking questions!
02/22/14, 07:40 AM   #4
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I played with a Wood Elf Nightblade with siphoning skills and is one of the 2 favorites I have right now.

From memory my character had a set up similar to this.

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/sk...L7kzK4EX6zK4PZ
02/24/14, 10:24 PM   #5
PrimalSteam

Originally Posted by ESOljl View Post
Many of them were Khajiit, although why they didn't choose Bosmer (Wood Elf) puzzles me. Wood Elf has +15% experience gain to the bow skill line.
Carnage (+1%/2%/3% to chance to crit, +5%/10%/15% to crit damage) combined with stealthy beats a weapon skill +15% XP bonus combined with stealthy hands... er... paws down. =)
02/25/14, 06:37 AM   #6
ESOljl

ah, that makes sense, thank you!
02/25/14, 08:09 PM   #7
Lorithian
Thanks alot for the info...I like the Archer-Healer combo. !

I have been going over a lot of information lately. Trying to play catch up is the worst

Does race really matter at end game? or is personal preference still the Big decider?

Thanks

Lorithian
03/04/14, 07:05 AM   #8
Caph

Lots of people player templar archers. It is very good and works good for healing as well as archery. On top of that, at level 15, you can get restoration staff as your secondary weapon set. By doing so, you can go archery with some healing and when you feel like it, go full healing mode.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Archer-(new to ESO forums)