04/14/14, 05:59 AM   #1
Rubnik

A few questions about Sneak\Invisibility and Weapons

How does Sneak work? What bonuses do you get when you attack while sneaking and do they apply on auto attacks or also spells\abilities? Does invisibility provide different bonuses?

Also, do different weapons provide any bonuses? For example in Skyrim daggers dealt less damage but had higher attack speed, and you could get extra bonuses when speced into specific weapons.

I read on esonightblade.com that a headshot with a bow will deal more damage than a body shot, and also daggers have bonuses to damage done while undetected. Are those true?
04/14/14, 06:16 AM   #2
Stormknight

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Whilst sneaking, physical attacks to the BACK of a target get a damage bonus, so that includes basic attacks, most weapon attacks, and some class skills.

There's no difference for the different weapons that I know of. The dagger bonus you mention sounds like Skyrim rather than ESO.

I doubt that headshots do more damage as I am certain that the targetting isn't that specific.

Try this test yourself - hover your mouse over the target, hold down left mouse to draw your bow, move your target reticle completely off the target. Now let go of the mouse button and the arrow will still shoot at the target.
04/14/14, 07:08 AM   #3
Rubnik

I'm gonna install some addons next chance i get to play (which sadly is gonna be in a couple of weeks) to test those out.
I was hoping there would be some assasin related skills\passives in the Dark Brotherhood\Thieves guild, like dagger and stealth bonuses, but sadly those guilds haven't been implemented yet.

About the headshot,I too believe that there isn't such thing in ESO, but seeing the post i mentioned made me curious.
04/19/14, 12:48 PM   #4
Bl4ckSh33p

Hi! Does anyone know how stealth works in PvP? Can you hide from other players with sneaking? Will you be invisible for them or harder to detect?
04/21/14, 11:52 PM   #5
stjobe

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p View Post
Hi! Does anyone know how stealth works in PvP? Can you hide from other players with sneaking? Will you be invisible for them or harder to detect?
Yes, you can hide from other players in PvP by sneaking. You will be invisible to them until they detect you (which, of course, depends on a lot of factors).

I've been killed plenty of times by invisible players.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » A few questions about Sneak\Invisibility and Weapons