08/08/17, 01:23 AM   #1
Solvaring

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Global variables removed in API Version 100020?

So I'm looking at the 100019 ESOUIDocumentation.txt and comparing it to the 100020 version and the first thing i notice is that there are sections present in the previous version that are no longer present in the newest version.

h5. AchievementRewardType is gone
h5. ArmorDamageStyle is gone

I found those by manually comparing each section with find in np++, copying and pasting a section name present in the 100019 version into the find tool, then jumping over to the 100020 version and then initiating a search until it got too tedious, but i'm sure there could be more sections missing besides just these 2. I'll probably have to end up writing a regex to compare each version of the file to completely satisfy my questions.

I only started writing addons with version 100019 so im not sure how common this is to see with an update to the API. Could it be possible that since the ESOUIDocumentation.txt is a dump file provided by ZOS and is already an incomplete representation of the entire API, that those variables are still present and they just didnt make it in this time?

I really want to know because it's important for my upkeep of my autocomplete plugin for Zerobrane Studio. I don't want to update my plugin based on this latest dump file and end up removing autocomplete entries that are still present in the game.
08/08/17, 02:45 AM   #2
Ayantir

I can already tell you that there is a ****ton of constants missing in patchnotes.
Just look at http://wiki.esoui.com/Globals & http://wiki.esoui.com/Constant_Values ..

Patchnotes is providden as is, it's more a guide than an exhaustive reference for constants.
08/08/17, 03:12 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

As far as I am aware, the ESOUIDocumentation.txt is just a dump of their internal wiki or something. Probably a sideproduct written by some humans, so like almost every documentation on earth it won't reflect what is really in the game. Your best bet is to use Ayantir's Dumper addon and only use the txt as a reference for what you have in the dump. The stuff that is missing after you did that, you will have to check against what is in the wiki and the ui source code, or just experiment with it ingame.
08/09/17, 08:07 AM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
It's formatted for a wiki but it's automatically generated from our event, enum, function, etc specifications. So it should always reflect what is in game (of course it does not cover the globals created by our lua code).
08/09/17, 11:51 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
It's formatted for a wiki but it's automatically generated from our event, enum, function, etc specifications. So it should always reflect what is in game (of course it does not cover the globals created by our lua code).
That's strange then, because it is missing quite a few things that are clearly not Lua.
For example all EVENT_GUILD_MEMBER_* have been missing since forever.
08/09/17, 12:19 PM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Looks like all the events that are shared between ingame and pregame weren't part of the documentation script. I just fixed it.
08/09/17, 12:25 PM   #7
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Looks like all the events that are shared between ingame and pregame weren't part of the documentation script. I just fixed it.

Please?
08/09/17, 01:06 PM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Here you go.

Also for next release, all of the places where you see *integer* for an enum value it will now have the specific enum type there instead .
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP15 2.txt (572.1 KB, 753 views)
08/09/17, 01:34 PM   #9
sirinsidiator

Looking forward to the next release. Finally no more guessing what enum it is from the argument name.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Global variables removed in API Version 100020?