07/09/17, 07:28 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[notabug] addon hardlimit

It seems I hit some kind of limit on how many addons I can have installed.

When I tried to work on a new feature in LibAddonMenu I added the "exampleoptions.lua" file to the manifest of the standalone version. However, for some strange reason it didn't load the file. I replaced the content of the file with error("test") and it wouldn't show up. I disabled all addons and the error still didn't show, but LAM was clearly visible in the addon manager. Next I renamed the AddOns folder and created a new one with only LAM in it and suddenly it worked again!

I suspected some specific addon might mess with it and copied them over into the new folder a few at a time to see who is the culprit. At first it looked like it might be one of the wykkyd addons, but when I removed them and copied them in one by one it always worked. Until I hit 185 addons in the folder. I could remove any addon to get below that number and it would work again.

No idea why but it seems 184 addon manifests is the most the game can handle correctly. It would show all addons, but even when they are disabled it would prevent LAM from loading.
I also have no idea why LAM specifically. Other addons work fine even when I have more than 184 installed and I deleted an addon which doesn't depend on LAM to get below that number.

I'm probably the most outlying outlier in this case, but figured it is still worth reporting.
Guess it is time to uninstall some of the addons that I do not activley use.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 07/09/17 at 07:44 AM.

07/10/17, 04:24 PM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
That is utterly bizarre. I'll take a look.

07/31/17, 03:35 PM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Is there any chance you can provide a test case for this? A zip of the addons in question.

08/01/17, 02:31 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

Sent you a pm with a link and steps to reproduce.

08/02/17, 12:58 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

Got answered via pm. It's not a bug, but instead one of the addons contained LibAddonMenu-2.0.txt which got loaded first and prevented the original LAM to load as expected.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [notabug] addon hardlimit