06/06/17, 10:45 PM   #1
Jobasha
Question Would it be possible to create an add-on which made other players invisible?

Hi everyone,

I have loved every other Elder Scrolls Game. I didn't buy ESO originally because I have never been able to get into MMOs, but when Vvardenfell was released I had to because Morrowind is my favourite game. But I'm having trouble with all the other players jumping around ruining immersion.

So I was wondering how hard would it be for me to create an addon which hid other characters? I don't mind if they are still there destroying monsters and the like, I just want to hide their models locally.

Thanks for your help.
06/07/17, 12:19 AM   #2
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Impossible without hacking the game, which is a violation of the TOS.
06/07/17, 12:57 AM   #3
Jobasha
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Impossible without hacking the game, which is a violation of the TOS.
Thanks very much for your quick response.
06/07/17, 03:54 AM   #4
Tyx

Agree. It is impossible, but the way ESO is developing, I think it is possible, that it will be a feature by ZO itself in the future.

Last edited by Tyx : 06/09/17 at 03:36 AM. Reason: in the feature => in the future
06/07/17, 08:37 AM   #5
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by Tyx View Post
Agree. It is impossible, but the way ESO is developing, I think it is possible, that it will be a feature by ZO itself in the feature.
Personally, I don't think they will make it. It goes against the point of an MMO, so from ZOS point of view I'm not sure it's something they would want to implement. Especially after they went through all the trouble of One Tamriel to make people be able to play with people in other alliances.
06/09/17, 12:16 AM   #6
iwontsay
Personally, I don't think they will make it. It goes against the point of an MMO, so from ZOS point of view I'm not sure it's something they would want to implement. Especially after they went through all the trouble of One Tamriel to make people be able to play with people in other alliances.
That would be arguing that even putting players on the ignore list would be countrary to the spirit of an MMO. It's not the first instance where I wished that I could put other players (translate that as trolls) completely out of my sight. And I think I've actually seen an MMO which had the option to remove the display of players in a crowded city.

Generally disabling the display of other players would be counter-productive. You target a mob, and it drops down in an instant because an invisible player just killed it. Not good. But to completely banish trolls out my sight? That'd be something I'm all for it!
06/09/17, 03:49 AM   #7
Tyx

It goes against the point of an MMO
That's not completely true. Guild Wars (1) or Neverwinter Nights have a city hub and an instanced mission area. So a feature to play alone or only with your group is not completely against the idea of an mmo. That said, a city hub concept is not really realisable in ESO (gladly).
Especially after they went through all the trouble of One Tamriel to make people be able to play with people in other alliances.
Well, it is true, that One Tamriel was made to increase the number of visible players in the area, but also reduced the number of players necessary for Craglorn quests. You could say: The created a Singleplayer with a lot of annoyance by other single players in the same world
But back to the point: ESO has already an instanced world. If you have a father progress in the area story, all other players who are not as far as you will be blocked out already. I think from a technical aspect, it would only need a little fixing to make private instances if someone wishes for one player and one's group.
[quote=iwontsay;31373]completely banish trolls out my sight? That'd be something I'm all for it!/QUOTE]
Would also like that very much. Together with private dungeon instances (except the big public dungeons). Kill groups around a boss are awful immersion breaking.
But the outside area should stay the same. Would look pretty boring if there were no other people. The world, the distances etc. are made for many people. Without them, it would be a bad Singleplayer Open World.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Would it be possible to create an add-on which made other players invisible?