10/02/16, 12:32 PM   #1
[email protected]
Minion not even installing

I have tried several times to install minion under windows 10. I get to the end and hit the automatic launch and then nothing. Nothing happens. I can confirm the program was installed because it shows under control panel but there is no visible launcher on the desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.
10/02/16, 12:40 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check your task manager (ctrl+alt+delete -> task manager) if minion is an active process and kill it there.
Start Minion manually then (not from the installer!) by help of the start menu (press start menu key and just type "Minion") and start it in administartor mode (right click -> Run as admin).

Does that help?

Next step would be to temporarily disable the firewall or virus scanner of your system and see if Minion is starting then.
Next step is to post your Minion.log file here (check other minion related posts to see where to find it) so the devs can check it.

Last edited by Baertram : 10/02/16 at 12:43 PM.
10/03/16, 01:16 AM   #3
Onigar

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have it installed on Windows 10 and working, I dont auto load as this for me is just a load on resources for little gain. I just run it from a taskbar icon from time to time to get updates.

Use the windows search icon left side of the bottom bar and search for minion.

if its not found then its not installed (or not installed in a way recognisable to windows).

if it is there then right click on th minion icon and choose pin to start &/or taskbar, should be able to run it then from one or more of these places more easily.

if it is not found then try again to install again from
http://minion.mmoui.com/

and use the big green download button.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion not even installing