02/25/17, 08:04 AM   #1
Shamus44
Master Merchant not showing in AddOns

I downloaded MM last night and at the character screen, when I click AddOns it isn't listed. I checked the box "load outdated addOns" (or whatever it says) and still nothing. The other addOns I have are DolgubonsLazyWritCreator and Skyshards. They installed and loaded fine.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
02/25/17, 10:09 AM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MM has multiple addon files. Do you have Master Merchant and ~15 MM## folders in your addons folder?
02/25/17, 11:15 AM   #3
Shamus44
Yes, I do. I also changed the name of the folder from 'MasterMerchant 1.9.5' to just 'MasterMerchant'. I tried with both folder names and nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MasterMerchant.PNG
Views:	721
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	841  
02/25/17, 01:06 PM   #4
Randactyl
Why was it named Master Merchant 1.9.5 in the first place? Copy and paste the contents of the zip into your addons folder. I think you may have used some extraction tool.

Maybe you should just use Minion to manage addons
02/25/17, 01:30 PM   #5
Shamus44
When I downloaded it it was MasterMerchant 1.9.5, I didn't name it that. I didn't use extraction tool, just a right-click and extract. Then copied those folders into folder in addOns, Master Merchant. I don't plan on having a lot of addOns so I didn't think Minion was necessary at this point, especially since it's download, unzip, cut and paste. I included another screenshot, with file path, just in case I am not putting them in the right place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MasterMerchant2.PNG
Views:	618
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	842  
02/25/17, 01:38 PM   #6
Randactyl
Right-click and extract is Windows' extraction tool.

Easiest correction is to delete what you have, double click the zip, ctrl-A, ctrl-C, go to addons folder, ctrl-V.

Easiest prevention is to use Minion. Minion also provides painless updating when the addons you do use are inevitably updated.
02/25/17, 01:48 PM   #7
Rhyono
Open the MasterMerchant folder and show us the contents. I feel that might be where you made the mistake.
02/25/17, 03:09 PM   #8
Shamus44
When you mentioned extraction tool, I was thinking WinRar or something like that.
Anyhoo, I went ahead and installed minion and then re-installed the addOns with that. I first deleted them from the addOn folder where I originally put them.

I logged in and saw in the chat window that MM was getting data from the 3 guilds I belong to (woohoo!) but now I don't get the options when I go to the guild store or open my mail. I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su6bdzUobdI

Thanks in advance!
02/25/17, 04:52 PM   #9
Shamus44
I have it working! I found how to bind the window to a key and was able to open MM that way. I am using an xbox 360 controller so that may had something to do with why it wasn't showing up when I viewed the mail. Thank you both for your help.
02/28/17, 07:20 AM   #10
Shamus44
After some reading I realized the controller ui isn't compatible with MM. I made a keyboard shortcut to disable the controller ui and revert to the m/kb ui when I want to check pricing on items or list them.
Just thought I would add that in case someone else is running into an issue using MM with a controller on PC.
02/28/17, 03:05 PM   #11
Dolgubon

Have you tried this out? http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...epadPatch.html

Also this should help: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...dMerchant.html

Last edited by Dolgubon : 02/28/17 at 04:17 PM.
03/01/17, 07:35 AM   #12
Shamus44
No, I have not seen those. Thanks for suggestions!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Master Merchant not showing in AddOns