06/19/17, 02:45 PM   #1
randomsilliness
Camera settings presets - requesting feedback

What

I developed a tiny AddOn to quickly restore camera settings to a previously saved state. I'm wondering if people are interested in it, and what features you think you would actually USE. This is my first AddOn, and it'll never have the polish that many do. At the moment, it consists of 2 slash commands (for save and load), and nothing else.

Motivation

I often use Screenshot Helper to manipulate the camera before taking a screenshot. I also make camera position and sensitivity changes to simplify placement of housing decorations. However, there is no quick way to get back to the settings I like for general travel and combat. My AddOn solves that, although I find it kind of odd that I had to write one at all. It seems to me this feature should already exist elsewhere.

Next Steps

I'm just testing the water at this point. If there is serious interest, I would consider publishing it as is, and/or adding features for per-character, character-copy, or numbered save slots. If someone wants to take over and fully develop and support this feature, I'm happy to hand over the meager bit of code I have (works well).
06/19/17, 03:53 PM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Screenshot Helper should already save and restore your settings when you take a screenshot. It might be broken though. Will have a look soon.
06/23/17, 07:33 AM   #3
randomsilliness
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Screenshot Helper should already save and restore your settings when you take a screenshot. It might be broken though. Will have a look soon.
Are you are referring to portrait mode? Outside of that, I'm not aware that Screenshot Helper ever saved or restored settings.
06/23/17, 07:44 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

Screenshot Helper allows you to move the camera via keybinds while you have the GUI hidden or are in portrait mode. It should save the settings and restore them in both cases.
06/27/17, 02:26 AM   #5
Anceane

Tested the addon a month ago and the settings before the Portrait, were not saved. Had to redo the whole thingie )

Not a biggie but well if .... you decided to take a look at it, that would really be great. No hurry though. May be another year and half :P:P:P

For now i use another addon, which does not do portait, just automatics pictures and hidding everything on screen.

Thank you

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Camera settings presets - requesting feedback