07/17/23, 01:25 AM   #1
Ploom
How about an Ansuul's Tracker Plus?

Hello coders extraordinaires! You've likely heard this a lot by now but I'll risk it again and try my luck. I think I may have a good idea but I'm too illiterate to know how to, so here I am really begging for this:

As any veteran support can attest to, most of us parse monkeys are not brilliant at being aware of much, of their hard work to keep us vertical nor our constant need of adult supervision. And to maybe help slightly mitigate that, I was thinking of an Ansuul's Torment tracker similar to the existing Acuity one for M.A. mixed in with some more goodies.

Now for the complex bits, referring to the Plus part of the title - name subject to change to anything cooler the author could choose obviously - is the tricky 2 extra parts. First it would be a combat channeling alert, maybe similar to Simple Llothis Interrupt Helper somehow. And second, coupled with a visual cue - with an on/off activation that can be adjusted on what's left on the timer. Maybe a choice of always on or a 5 to 1 seconds before it runs out.

As for the visual cue, I was thinking something like a symbol that stands out enough from the group ones appearing over the npc ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶n̶e̶s̶s̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶p̶i̶t̶b̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶o̶b̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶G̶B̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶d̶i̶e̶n̶t̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶R̶G̶B̶!̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ Point is to know what could be interrupted, when and where. All that would be especially useful in crowded trials traffic and hopefully prevent some dpses with an addon like this to stray from group more than we usually do. Yeah, I'll be honest, I doubt it'll prevent much of anything on that front.

Thank you all here for just taking the time reading this far. You're all very talented and very generous ppl and are amazing! I wouldn't still be playing ESO after all these years if it wasnt for all of your awesome hard work. Saying it is very much appreciated barely covers it.

Oh and one last note to this post, if you have any better ideas or other inputs, feel free to say so.

Last edited by Ploom : 07/17/23 at 01:44 AM. Reason: I went too far and likely said something an addon cannot do so I striked it out
07/17/23, 04:59 AM   #2
ExoY

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I tracker for the timer is fairly easy.

I can add it to my ProcSetAddon with the next update.

About the plus part you mentioned. A visual cue tied to the counter is no problem.
Anything which requires to know where an enemycs location is will simple not be possible with add-ons though.
07/17/23, 06:07 AM   #3
Ploom
I'm very grateful of anything that'll help us manage it better and you've made this morning feel much less like a Monday. Have a great day and thank you Exoy!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » How about an Ansuul's Tracker Plus?