11/03/14, 11:25 AM   #21
Morwo

Alphalemming removed his addons for reasons. k i got it.
but minion does not reconize anymore the addons of him as well?

11/03/14, 11:33 AM   #22
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Nope, because they've been removed.

11/11/14, 12:25 PM   #23
Xorvivs
It would be helpful to minion, if it says something about removed addons.

I want alphatools back, too. I do hope, someone is able to convince the author to give the code+rights to another one.

11/11/14, 11:56 PM   #24
Valthyr
Already contacted the author about taking over his addons, his response is as follows:

Originally Posted by @AlphaLemming
Thanks for the offer, but no.

I'am off in ESO until the Champion System is fully established and my Addons CraftStore and AlphaTools not longer for public use, only for friends who appreciate the time i have spared for it.
I not allow any reupload, redesign or use of modifed code. The moderators of this site will take care of it.

So long, wich you luck and fun in ESO.

11/12/14, 01:59 AM   #25
Anex

While he is well within his right as an author to do so (and I don't know what made him so bitter to behave the way he is).. it doesn't make me feel like supporting him in the future.

11/12/14, 02:08 AM   #26
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
well, i will not use his addons anymore even if he come back
his behaviour upset me alot

11/12/14, 05:21 PM   #27
katkat42
It sounds like AlphaLemming got burned out on add-on development. It's very understandable; providing stuff for today's gamers can be a thankless task, and dealing with people's entitlement complexes gets very old very fast. Add to that the fact that add-on development is (mostly) unpaid volunteer service, and in service to something that is, after all, only a game, and burnout can happen easily.

Good speed to you, AlphaLemming, and whatever happens, make sure you have fun!

11/13/14, 06:18 AM   #28
@AlphaLemming

You hit the point katkat42 and thank you, same to you. In my case it is mostly the fact, that i really optimize my addons for innovative and easy use and nevertheless some player are unable to use it and spamming worthless comments without ever reading the description.

11/13/14, 11:44 AM   #29
Dingodan

Hello,

for me is Alphatool the most needed Addon for ESO. I liked it from the first day and with all updates. I do not really use all options that are implented (toolbar) but the most of them.

I feed sad that you have given up the work on your addon for all user but i like your choice to keep it alive for the player that have honored your work.

I try to use your addon so long as it work with the new ESO updates.

Best Regards,

Dingodan

11/13/14, 01:32 PM   #30
Randactyl
Originally Posted by katkat42 View Post
It sounds like AlphaLemming got burned out on add-on development. It's very understandable; providing stuff for today's gamers can be a thankless task, and dealing with people's entitlement complexes gets very old very fast. Add to that the fact that add-on development is (mostly) unpaid volunteer service, and in service to something that is, after all, only a game, and burnout can happen easily.

Good speed to you, AlphaLemming, and whatever happens, make sure you have fun!
Originally Posted by @AlphaLemming View Post
You hit the point katkat42 and thank you, same to you. In my case it is mostly the fact, that i really optimize my addons for innovative and easy use and nevertheless some player are unable to use it and spamming worthless comments without ever reading the description.
Ohhhh man do I understand that. As others have said, good luck with future endeavors AlphaLemming. If you do ever decide to rerelease I'd be willing to help swat down trolly comments!

11/14/14, 12:56 AM   #31
Sorgatanis

Sehr schade, aber verständlich. Ich fand deine beiden AddOns (alphatools & craftstore) klasse.
Alles gute für weitere Projekte.

Viele Grüße
Sorga

11/14/14, 03:40 AM   #32
QuadroTony
Banned
i am a developer of many things at demonbuddy forum, for example
and all i can say from my experience - if you are not prepared to the huge amoun of worthless comments and noobish questions - better stop develop any public things you do, because its not your way, its too hard for you

it demands a certain power of will and a lot of patience

11/14/14, 05:28 AM   #33
merlight
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
i am a developer of many things at demonbuddy forum, for example
and all i can say from my experience - if you are not prepared to the huge amoun of worthless comments and noobish questions - better stop develop any public things you do, because its not your way, its too hard for you

it demands a certain power of will and a lot of patience
I'm not sure whether you're trying to turn this into a flame thread, or just can't find proper words, but you should probably stop right there. It's not up to you to decide what others do with their free time. Don't use his add-ons, that's your choice. Some of us are glad he was here, wish he would continue programming whatever the target audience is, and hope he might come back some day. I was told about AlphaTools when I asked for a way to switch skill-bars for different encounters quickly, only a week or two before he pulled it. Thank Zaav I got it in time!

And by the way, although AlphaTools code looks a bit scary to me, it works. Apparently it wasn't too hard for him.

11/14/14, 05:54 AM   #34
QuadroTony
Banned
mby i wasnt clear, i just wanna to say - "community developer" its not only developer - its complex, right?
including full support and answers for noob questions/flame in your project topic/thread

IMO and from my experience only, everyone has its own point, anyway
no offence please

like an example
its one of my community projects, not for ESO, but still its development work
https://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonb...m-2-0-4-a.html

4817 posts
153 results of "nerfed" (very annoying one, fyi)
147 results of "question"
and a lot of "help"/"wtf"
and not only some, but alot of
players are unable to use it and spamming worthless comments without ever reading the description.
practically without
Originally Posted by @AlphaLemming
friends who appreciate the time i have spared for it.
so, i dont given up on the 10th page, and dont close/delete the topic... but continue working and helping people with their questions. so doesnt matter how strong you are in C+/.lua/whatever, if you are CM developer, your best side its patience
some1 "burnout" in short terms, some1 not
im not calling those people weak, even if i wanted

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
I'm not sure whether you're trying to turn this into a flame thread
man, this topic was in flame from the beginning

Last edited by QuadroTony : 11/14/14 at 06:34 AM.

11/14/14, 05:01 PM   #35
Cerulean2013
@AlphaLemming, thank you for making that add-on, was a joy to use, hope your next adventure is a fun one.

Now I think it might be in the best interest to put this thread down, so Mods how about closing it?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Alpha Tools removed?