10/21/17, 05:26 AM   #1
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Convenience: Auto-stack

Hello there,

I think as a means of convenience it would be amazing if items could automatically stack if they are newly added into a bag.

For convenience, you could add a toggle to the settings to let users disable that behaviour.

Cases:
I put a Hollowjack motif into my guild bank. The same item is already in there thrice -> It stacks to four.
I put a Hollowjack motif into BAG_BANK. The same item is already in there thrice -> It stacks to four.
I put a Hollowjack motif into BAG_SUBSCRIBER_BANK. The same item is already twice in BAG_BANK and once in BAG_SUBSCRIBER_BANK. It stacks to four in the first available slot (BAG_BANK).
I take 100 Rubedite ingots from BAG_VIRTUAL to BAG_BACKPACK. I have 50 Rubedite ingots in there. It stacks to 150.
I split 150 Rubedite Ingots in BAG_BANK to 100 and 50. It does not stack.

I know there's that stack all button, but I still have to press that manually. Also, I'm not entirely certain that it actually merges BAG_BANK and BAG_SUBSCRIBER_BANK stacks, although I haven't been able to properly test it.*

*My Hlaalu Settees weren't stacking, but it's also possible that that was due to some of them being Crown Furniture (coming with purchasing a furnished house) and some not. For the sake of bank space it would be awesome if they could be made stack somehow, but I get why it's difficult.

** Since almost 80% of my bank space is eaten alive by furniture items, I would love a BAG_FURNITURE. Maybe make it ESO+ only?

10/21/17, 11:56 AM   #2
Dolgubon

The stackbagitems function, whatever the actual name is, only takes in one bag as a parameter. Ideally, if it receives BAG_BANK or BAG_SUBSCRIBER_BANK it would stack both, but it seems like it doesn't. I have not actually tested to see if unstacked items are in different bags or not though

10/21/17, 12:18 PM   #3
Ayantir

If there is 1 item in bag bank and another one in bank_subscriber, stacking won't do anything because as said previously those are 2 differents bags. you need a manual merge. in fact the UI is only a trick showing you a merge of 2 different bags.

It's doable but it would require to scan every item in bank then in bank_subscriber and move items if needed.

10/21/17, 01:12 PM   #4
Dolgubon

I'm not sure how the autostack function works exactly, but wouldn't it have to do that anyway for just one bag? Admittedly with a larger n, so it would likely take significantly longer.

10/22/17, 05:15 AM   #5
manavortex

It's not really a larger n if you only do it when you add a new item to a bag.

I add [Motif: Edgelord Helmets] to my subscriber bank - I scan from 1, GetNumBagSlots(BAG_BANK) for mergeables. Then, I scan from 1, GetNumBagSlots(BAG_SUBSCRIBER_BANK) again.
That only doubles the amount of slots scanned, we're not getting exponential.

10/23/17, 07:59 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Right now for the bank it does two calls in a row, one for each backing bag. Optimally this function would take N bags and stack across them. Doing so will take some changes to the server part of this.

10/29/17, 09:29 PM   #7
Dolgubon

Hey, I've uploaded a new addon called Stack Traceback which will stack all the stuff in the guild bank as expected. It hooks StackBag, so just pressing the button will stack the items.
It doesn't stack them when you deposit the items though. RequestMoveItem is protected, so that's a bit more difficult to do since I can't hook it.
It doesn't do it optimally though, and simply assumes that stackbag wants to stack both subscriber and normal bank if you pass one of the two to it. It could potentially be modified to do so. There'd be an issue of a destination bag, as well as potentially high run time. It also would need some changes to handle the virtual bag.

Last edited by Dolgubon : 10/29/17 at 09:37 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Convenience: Auto-stack