04/29/18, 12:20 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
invisible window ?

Is there a way to detect an invisible window that could possibly block some part of any panels on the right on the screen ?

There is always a rectangle that bloc the tooltip and the mouse hovering of an item or the selection (approximatively middle of the inventory). And this invisible rectangle is always at the same vertical place.

If i want to sell the item i need to select it by the extreme right of the panel, same for decon an item

So is there a tool or a scrit i could do to detect what it is ?

Thank you

Last edited by Anceane : 04/29/18 at 12:31 AM.
04/29/18, 04:08 AM   #2
Scootworks

you could try zgoo...

- install
- type /zgoo dmouse
- go with your mouse to this "place" (in <3 seconds, because there is a delay function to place your mouse on the right place)
- go to GetName()

or you could make a list of your addons. i guess there are not many different addons can do that
04/29/18, 07:08 AM   #3
Anceane

Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
you could try zgoo...

- install
- type /zgoo dmouse
- go with your mouse to this "place" (in <3 seconds, because there is a delay function to place your mouse on the right place)
- go to GetName()

or you could make a list of your addons. i guess there are not many different addons can do that
Thank you will do first zgoo and if i cant get any result i will post a list of my addons.
04/29/18, 07:38 AM   #4
Anceane

found the addon

with /zgoo dmouse in the skill panel :

all fine for skill 3

but for the skill 4, get name give me COAOAPE which is top level control for Quickcompass.

Removing the addon solve the problem, but as i have lots of direction problems this little addon was really helping me. Is there anyway to correct easily what is the problem ?

i found into the .xml this code :

<TopLevelControl name="COAOAPE" mouseEnabled="true" movable="true" clampedToScreen="true">
<Dimensions x="220" y="80" />
<Anchor point="TOPLEFT" offsetX="387" offsetY="24"/>
<OnMoveStop>
COAOAPEarnedMoveStop()
</OnMoveStop>
<Controls>
<Backdrop name="$(parent)BG" inherits="ZO_ThinBackdrop" alpha="0.0" />
<Label name="$(parent)DisplayBG" font="tcoZoFontGameSmall" color="D6660C" wrapMode="ELLIPSIS" verticalAlignment="CENTER" text="">
<AnchorFill />
<Anchor point="LEFT" offsetX="0" offsetY="0"/>
<Dimensions x="220" y="80" />
</Label>
<Label name="$(parent)DisplayLeft" font="tcoZoFontGameSmall" color="D6660C" wrapMode="ELLIPSIS" verticalAlignment="CENTER" text="">
<AnchorFill />
<Anchor point="LEFT" offsetX="5"/>
<Dimensions x="100"/>
</Label>
<Label name="$(parent)DisplayCenter" font="tcoZoFontGameSmall" color="FFFFFF" wrapMode="ELLIPSIS" verticalAlignment="CENTER" horizontalAlignment="LEFT" text="">
<AnchorFill />
<Anchor point="LEFT" offsetX="170" offsetY="9"/>
<Dimensions x="150"/>
</Label>
<Label name="$(parent)DisplayRight" font="tcoZoFontGameSmall" color="FFFFFF" wrapMode="ELLIPSIS" verticalAlignment="CENTER" horizontalAlignment="RIGHT" text="">
<AnchorFill />
<Anchor point="LEFT" offsetX="5"/>
<Dimensions x="160"/>
</Label>
</Controls>
</TopLevelControl>
which is a part of the addon but not relative to the compass. And this is the culprit part. Can i *deactive* just that part so i can still use the addon for the compass and if so i remember that i need to put some -- but starting where to where ?

Thank you

Last edited by Anceane : 04/29/18 at 07:50 AM.
04/29/18, 08:09 AM   #5
Anceane

after checking more the addon, i found a way to move the ap window with /commands in game.

I always thought that if i select an option to not be used, all the components of this would not be part of my UI, seems i was wrong, as the window only hide but is still present on my ui.

Is there a way to block this to be part of my UI if i use the addon or i will have to get rid of the addon if i dont want that window ?

Last edited by Anceane : 04/29/18 at 08:12 AM.
04/29/18, 10:53 AM   #6
Dolgubon

It sounds like the quest compass top window isn't hiding itself properly. To completely fix that you'd have to check the code to find out when it should be hidden, but you might be able to fix it without breaking anything by setting mousrEnabled to false in the top level control
04/29/18, 11:16 AM   #7
Anceane

Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
It sounds like the quest compass top window isn't hiding itself properly. To completely fix that you'd have to check the code to find out when it should be hidden, but you might be able to fix it without breaking anything by setting mousrEnabled to false in the top level control
i will go for the easier way and change the mousrenabled to false as you suggested.

Going through the code would mean learn everything in lUA first, and unfortunatly my concentration and mind are not anymore what it was some years ago.

THank you for the help

UPDATE:
That worked but ... for an unknow reason it moved the window to the center of the screen .... so i decided to check what was existing as addon compass .... i should have done this as i found a similar one, updated, and well done, from Scootworks. I already use some of his addons and i love them.

So problem solved. No more ghost window. full access to all my panels on the right side, and time to enjoy the game again (2 months since i try to find out what was the problem lol).

Thank you again to all who helped me. Much appreciated knowing you are all busy with Summerset.

Last edited by Anceane : 04/29/18 at 11:50 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » invisible window ?