08/13/18, 05:01 AM   #1
jycs
Question Show the actual lower-guild-price for the item.

Hello,

I need an addon that give the actual lower price in the guild, for the item focused.

I don't know if it exists...
08/13/18, 08:03 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tamriel Trade Center
Master Merchant
08/13/18, 10:16 PM   #3
jycs
No... Those don't give the lowest price of the guild focused...
08/14/18, 01:16 AM   #4
jycs
I mean, when I want to sell on my guild, I need a line to show the lowest price of the item focused, on my guild and not any other guild.
08/14/18, 03:43 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You need to be a t a guild store and scan ALL data of the items in your inventories + save them to your local savedvars to achieve this.
As the price can most likely change every second in your guilds you'd need to stand still at the guild trader and update it the same time

So: Not possible

The alternatives are shown in my above answer, as they get close to your request. They will show the most up2date prices in the world, lowest, highest and average.
TTC -> World prices of all users sharing the data
MasterMerchant: Only your guilds, with the data which gets scanned as you open the guild traders.
08/15/18, 06:43 AM   #6
wookiefriseur

Well, sure, you could split the item price statistics per guild. Would increase the saved vars size by a bit.

As far as I know there is no add-on that does this.

Last edited by wookiefriseur : 08/15/18 at 04:35 PM.
08/15/18, 10:49 AM   #7
ziggr

jycs:

You could write an add-on:
  1. Act as a custom filter for Awesome Guild Store, with UI controls to enable/disable recording
  2. Record every listing that Awesome Guild Store passes through your filter
  3. Write that list to SavedVariables
  4. Convert SavedVariables to a spreadsheet

Then, with this
  1. add-on set to record, you could
  2. walk your character to every guild store in the major trading cities.
  3. At each guild store, search for the motifs or materials or whatever you seek, which takes 1-2 minutes. Or scan the entire guild store which takes 5-10 minutes.
  4. After an hour or more of of walking and searching and recording, /reloadui to save all that data.
  5. Run a command-line script to convert SavedVariables to a spreadsheet.

Then sit back and pore over the spreadsheet to decide which cities to visit to purchase the items you want at the cheapest prices. By the time you went back to the trader with the cheapest item, you might occasionally discover that some other player had already bought it, so then you fall back to the second-cheapest listing.

That's a lot of work just to save a few thousand gold pieces, so it's really only worth it if you're doing a multi-million-gold shopping spree.

But if you wrote such an add-on, you'd probably decide not to publish it, because it would still have bugs in it, be far too difficult to use, and why would you give up your competitive advantage by sharing a private spreadsheet with lowest priced goods? That sounds like the opposite of fun. No thank you.

So yeah, you're unlikely to ever see such an add-on published. Sorry.

--Z

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Show the actual lower-guild-price for the item.