06/25/17, 11:52 AM   #1
DerAlleinTiger
Turning Off the /command Suggestion List?

Been wondering since the Morrowind update went live if it's possible for modders to get to the element highlighted in red in this screenshot. I've looked around the options menu a dozen times and haven't found any toggle to turn it off, and I've turned off every add-on and can be certain it's a base game UI element (and yes, someone tried to tell me it was not). If it can be reached, is there already a mod around that gets rid of this? I've tried searching around but no luck yet. Might not be using the right keywords or looking for the right mod, but this new 'feature' is getting rather annoying for me as it's constantly activating the wrong /command even after I've fully typed out the correct command I want.

06/25/17, 12:05 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They should've made it possible to turn off to begin with. Hiding the menu alone might not be enough to fully stop the functionality, but you could try inspecting it with Zgoo.
06/25/17, 01:10 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ther eis one addon, I think from Votan, which implemented this kind of menu on it's own.
If it's now implemented as a base UI stuff you could check the addon and see if it helps you to find the step where to remove/make it menu:SetHidden(true) maybe.
06/25/17, 01:33 PM   #4
Dolgubon

You're looking for LibSlashCommander. (edit: the base game has it's own, this library jsut also added one in) I did go in there and stop it's suggestion box, as I really didn't like it either, but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the ZOS one. (To be fair, I haven't really spent much time on it either)

Last edited by Dolgubon : 06/27/17 at 12:58 AM.
07/05/17, 09:34 AM   #5
haggen

I think I found how to disabled it:

Lua Code:
  1. CHAT_SYSTEM.textEntry.autoComplete:SetEnabled(false)

I'm thinking of adding it as new feature in my Slightly Improved™ Gameplay add-on.
07/05/17, 04:55 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What about adding it to an addon like "TweakIt" too?
07/08/17, 07:05 PM   #7
DerAlleinTiger
Originally Posted by haggen View Post
I think I found how to disabled it:

Lua Code:
  1. CHAT_SYSTEM.textEntry.autoComplete:SetEnabled(false)

I'm thinking of adding it as new feature in my Slightly Improved™ Gameplay add-on.
That's awesome! I'll look into adding that mod to my list! You've saved me a bit of frustration here.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Turning Off the /command Suggestion List?