09/19/14, 06:36 AM   #1
Sternentau
board director

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to replace ZO_ChatSystem_OnLinkClicked?

Servus friends,

in past, i was handling links within my addon by a jump to the original ZO routines i.e.:

myControl:SetHandler("OnLinkClicked", function(self, ...) return ZO_ChatSystem_OnLinkClicked(...) end)

...but now it seems ZO_ChatSystem_OnLinkClicked() is gone and i have missed to find any replacement...

Nevertheless clicking onto links in the original chat is still working so there must be a way to handle such mouse clicks.
Any idea how to do?

Thank you

Sternentau
09/19/14, 07:59 AM   #2
Garkin

You can use function ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkClicked(link, button, control) instead of ZO_ChatSystem_OnLinkClicked(link, button).

Or you can use "OnLinkMouseUp" event instead of "OnLinkClicked", the same way as it is in the chat system:
Lua Code:
  1. myControl:SetHandler("OnLinkMouseUp", function(...) ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkMouseUp(...) end)
09/19/14, 11:53 PM   #3
Sternentau
board director

Premium Member
Hmmm...

maybe i have missed something.

Currently i am calling
mycontrol:SetHandler("OnLinkClicked", function(self,...) tim.sendMessage("me here...") return ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkClicked(...) end)

and the "me here" is displayed as expected, but nothing else happen.
In past, a left-click with the mouse has displayed an item description if it was an itemlink, but now... nothing

Even if i drop the "return" or the "self", outcome is the same... no error, but also no action from the ZO_LinkHandler

Any idea or addon i can spy in?
09/20/14, 12:18 AM   #4
Ayantir

Yes, I had the same problem with pChat, even if i'm using LINK_HANDLER:RegisterCallback and you ZO_ChatSystem_OnLinkClicked (which was calling ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkClicked). I did a huge rewriting because I was perplex on my code wich did nothing more than.. nothing, but for now my addon works in its beta version by registering both functions..

There's a new function, called ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkMouseUp(link, button, control), your function need to use it because.. I don't know why ESO devs created this redundand function in fact.

It should work with this one (or maybe both ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkClicked and ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkMouseUp ?)
09/20/14, 02:13 AM   #5
Sternentau
board director

Premium Member
Ah. Now i have it.

I was using
mycontrol:SetHandler("OnLinkMouseUp", function(self,...) return ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkMouseUp(...) end)
but the ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkMouseUp(...) was not working because it seems the parameterlist has changed also.

With the new code
mycontrol:SetHandler("OnLinkMouseUp", function(self, _, link, button) return ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkMouseUp(link, button, self) end)
it works like expected.

Strange things happen with Zenimax from time to time

Thank you all for the help

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to replace ZO_ChatSystem_OnLinkClicked?