11/02/17, 04:36 PM   #1
syzgod
Right click on name?

Any add-on which adds more option to the right click menu on names?

Would be nice to have an option via right click to Promote to Leader, copy name to chat etc.

If no add-on yet for this can I request? Maybe as part of pChat. Yes I will write to the author.
11/05/17, 03:17 AM   #2
syzgod
Nothing? Noone?
01/07/18, 05:10 AM   #3
syzgod
BUMP as this could be a huge QoL. What about ZOS add this maybe?
01/08/18, 05:15 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For ZOs, try this forum here:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

Or /bug ingame :-)
01/08/18, 07:54 AM   #5
Ayantir

There is already such things in few old addons. But I don't remember exactly names of those. I saw Guild Invites, maybe Friends invite or such other things.

I could add it in pChat, but I'm not really fan of, because we can add anything and I would like this addon being strictly limited to chat.
01/08/18, 10:34 AM   #6
syzgod
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
There is already such things in few old addons. But I don't remember exactly names of those. I saw Guild Invites, maybe Friends invite or such other things.

I could add it in pChat, but I'm not really fan of, because we can add anything and I would like this addon being strictly limited to chat.
That will make me really happy. I'm gonna write on the ZOS forum aswell.

Things I want to see in the right click menu:

- Invite to the group (from the copied name)
- Change to group leader
- Copy name
- Copy message to all Guild tabs

These are so essential and time saving commands. I don't know why they are not implemented. Might be because of the console version.

Who is doing PUG trials/dungeons would know the feeling asking for members in guilds and then have to type the same messages, names all the time. (atleast you can copy the messages with the pChat but still have to type the /g1, /g2 etc.) Plus you have to ask for the Crown (group leader) if you don't want to type the name.

Last edited by syzgod : 01/08/18 at 10:36 AM.
01/08/18, 10:37 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
How could an addon send a message to all guild tabs? Addons can't post text into the chat "directly".You need to press enter to send the text manually.

So only thing that can be done is: Copy text to clipboard and you post it in every guild tab manually and press enter.
The addon also doesn't know your "guild tabs" or you would need to specify them which is a guild addon thing then and should be in some of these guild addons.
This is already there if you use pChat and right click the timestamp in the chat message!
01/08/18, 10:39 AM   #8
syzgod
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
How could an addon send a message to all guild tabs? Addons can't post text into the chat "directly".You need to press enter to send the text manually.

So only thing that can be done is: Copy text to clipboard and you post it in every guild tab manually and press enter.
The addon also doesn't know your "guild tabs" or you would need to specify them which is a guild addon thing then and should be in some of these guild addons.
This is already there if you use pChat and right click the timestamp in the chat message!
Yeah sorry I forgot about that. Yes at the moment I'm using the clipboard copy/paste function.

So something like copy message to tab1/guild1, tab2/guild2 tab would be nice then I will press Enter.
01/08/18, 10:56 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not possible too cuz the chat enter line is only ONCE in the chat :-) You just change the tabs and the edit field below will be still the same.
So if you press enter the text is gone and send to the actual chat channel.
ZOs or an adodn would need to save the text to the memory, change the guild tabs for you after you press the return key and then put the tetx back into the edit field again.

It's faster if you just press the UP key in the edit field to get your last message, and use a chat tab addon like FCOChatTabBrain or others to change the chat tabs via keybinds.
01/08/18, 11:03 AM   #10
syzgod
Not possible too cuz the chat enter line is only ONCE in the chat :-) You just change the tabs and the edit field below will be still the same.
ZOs or an adodn would need to save the text to the memory, change the guild tabs for you after you press the return key and then put the tetx back into the edit field again.

It's faster if you just press the UP key in the edit field to get your last message, and use a chat tab addon like FCOChatTabBrain or others to change the chat tabs via keybinds.
Would do that if it's not possible at the moments. But still would love to see the other things I mentioned.
01/08/18, 11:49 AM   #11
Dolgubon

Actually it probably wouldn't be faster to use. I added a feature in my set crafter recently which lets you say multiple lines of chat really fast by spamming enter. It would take longer to make though.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Right click on name?