03/22/15, 02:19 AM   #1
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Calling private functions

Greetings lovely people,

I would like to call a private function - ToggleWalk in this case. I've done my bit of Googling, but I haven't found any way to solve this yet. Any ideas how I can do this?

As to what for - I'm a roleplayer, as you might know. That means I'm walking around all the time. Problem is, whenever I tab back out and then back in, or travel via wayshrine, I am switched back from walk to run, and it's annoying as Oblivion.

What I want to do is, I want to create an addon that sets a variable. As long as the variable is checked, it is supposed to listen to events and ToggleWalk() on event for me.

Any ideas? Or is it just not possible?

regards
manavortex
(I am working now, that's why I'm so quiet, and so unproductive)
03/22/15, 02:39 AM   #2
circonian
A few people have asked for this, but unfortunately you can't do it. You can't call private functions.
03/22/15, 06:45 AM   #3
Garkin

Actually it is possible, but only if you use 3rd party tool. ESO Launcher has option "EnableProtectedLuaFunctions" which is disabled by default. If you enable it in settings, you can call private and protected functions.

From Settings.ini:
Code:
[General]
# This setting, when set to true, allows player created mods to use protected or
# private Lua functions such as: SendChatMessage, ToggleMount, PerformAttack, etc.
# If you change this setting, you must restart your game for it to take effect.
#
# This is a GameModi Plus only feature
# default: false
EnableProtectedLuaFunctions=false
03/29/15, 05:52 AM   #4
manavortex

Hah! You're a darling, Garkin!
03/29/15, 06:05 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Actually it is possible, but only if you use 3rd party tool. ESO Launcher has option "EnableProtectedLuaFunctions" which is disabled by default. If you enable it in settings, you can call private and protected functions.

From Settings.ini:
Code:
[General]
# This setting, when set to true, allows player created mods to use protected or
# private Lua functions such as: SendChatMessage, ToggleMount, PerformAttack, etc.
# If you change this setting, you must restart your game for it to take effect.
#
# This is a GameModi Plus only feature
# default: false
EnableProtectedLuaFunctions=false
wow
am i understand right - with this launcher we can creat addon, that will call private emotions for example - /levitate ???
01/07/20, 10:58 PM   #6
Tar000un

I was looking for "ESO Launcher", got it was rename as "Hook64" but the gamemoi.net is down since 12/12/2019. Anyone have some info about the launcher? I was looking for a way to call private function.
01/08/20, 05:52 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The official eso forums say this launcher is kind of ok as long as you do not use it to get advantages (read the official TOS about thried party tools e.g.).
The increased FOV (which maybe now even inmplemented into the standard ESO game client) was acknowledged by ZOs_GinaBruno in a forum post e.g.
But removing the Fog of War was not acknowledged or at least I could not finy any information about it.

But I doubt they will acknowledge the usage of private functions like SendChatMessage or others which provide ways to spam, get advantages as you can move, mount, etc. your char by external tools!
So better be carefull if you find the tool and use it somehow to call private functions...
01/08/20, 06:41 AM   #8
Tar000un

Yup, I planed to get access to SendChatMessage function. To have less typing to do, in order to spam the same way than without. x)

But yep, I got your point and I don't want to cheat.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Calling private functions