05/26/15, 04:38 AM   #1
Keron
[Question / Request] "Outfitter" type addon for quickslot config

Hi all,

does current API allow creation of an Addon that changes the setup of the quickslots? I appreciate and use an addon that allows me to change active consumable (did use Greymind, now using AUI, both do a marvelous job), but in PvP the 8 slots are not enough.

I am running 4 different potions and food/drink, which occupies 5 of the 8 slots. Add repair materials and I have one slot for siege weaponry.

What I would really appreciate is an addition to an addon like Wykkyd's Outfitter that allows defining two or more sets of quickslot assignments. I am aware that this would probably not work in combat, but even out of combat change to a "repair/rebuff setup" including the food, drink and repair materials, would be brilliant.

Manually changing the slots is what I am doing right now, but with usually 50+ quickslot-able items in inventory, looking for the right one is incredibly difficult, especially in tight situations (and waiting for ZOS to redesign the quickslot view to show stacks of siege instead of single items is futile).

Summary: Request - if possible with API limitations - for an addon that allows saving/loading of different slot allocations for the 8-slot quickslot wheel.

Thanks bunches!
05/26/15, 06:14 AM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
only possible to switch between quick slot sets out of combat

you cant add more quick slots, but switch between sets like gear swap or SSB addons

and only out of combat
05/26/15, 08:38 AM   #3
@AlphaLemming

This should be possible ... eventually in my next AlphaGear, but there is a lot of work to do. A smaller alternate is Greymind QuickSlotBar to manage your QS-Items but not whole QS-Sets.
05/26/15, 10:07 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As far as I remember the ZO_QuickSlotCircle and the quick slots do not have any funcitons to "push" or "take" items to/from the slots.
They don't even have sometting like an inventory type and slotIndex you could use to identify the slot.

You could just identifiy the slots by their names ZO_QuickSlot1, ZO_QuickSlot2, etc. and they only use a slotNum to identify themselves as slots, as I could see in the source.
To check if the slot is empty you could check the icon texture is not showing any special icon. But you are not able to use any function to "put e.g. a balista" into Quick Slot 12.

You always need to use the mouse and double click it in your inventory's quick slot editor (which will find the next available slot) or drag/drop the items to the desired slots.

So correct me if I'm wrong: Without the functions to put items to slots, or remove items from the slots, there is no chance to build such a "quick slot swapping addon".

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Question / Request] "Outfitter" type addon for quickslot config