03/12/16, 09:32 PM   #1
Fozzik
One of these things is not like the others...

I don't know if this would be a small thing or a big thing (or maybe impossible), but this is really irritating to me and I'm wondering if someone might be able to fix it.

I'm a sorcerer, and I generally have a pet with me (summoned clannfear or whatever). I'd like to have some idea of my pet's health during a fight, without completely replacing the default UI. The summoned pets are treated as "friendly NPCs" in the default settings, so I went to the interface settings to try and put a health bar over my pet's head.

I can put a health bar over his head, which is great! There's something weird, however. For all the other overhead health bars, the interface options provide three choices - on, off, and injured (only see the health bar when damage is taken). All of them provide those three choices...EXCEPT friendly NPCs. For some reason, friendly NPCs only get on and off.

Would it be possible to simply add the "injured" choice to the friendly NPC dropdown, so I could see my pet's health bar when it gets in a fight, but I wouldn't have to see every friendly NPC's health bar all the time?

Thanks for reading, hopefully that made sense.
03/13/16, 04:53 AM   #2
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is doable. I posted a comment here.
03/13/16, 05:02 AM   #3
Fozzik
Thank you for looking at this!

Treat me like a complete idiot who knows nothing about coding. How do I use your code to fix the issue?

EDIT: ah, I'm guessing wait for merlight to look at it.

Last edited by Fozzik : 03/13/16 at 05:31 AM.
03/14/16, 10:45 AM   #4
Fozzik
Since merlight is out, would anyone else be willing to take a crack at this problem? Or at least take the code snippet and make it into a working addon?
03/14/16, 12:18 PM   #5
votan

I added the code in here merBandAidZouiFixes.zip
If it works for you, as it does for me, merlight may add it to his official version.

Last edited by votan : 11/24/16 at 12:36 PM.
03/14/16, 02:44 PM   #6
Fozzik
It works for me. Thanks!
03/14/16, 02:50 PM   #7
Wandamey
maybe votan, if you could paste the fix for the broken Link in the other thread about the smithing station and link the zip there too...

i'll remove my advice to paste it anywhere
03/14/16, 03:05 PM   #8
sirinsidiator

I am currently writing my own addon which will do the same as mer's band-aid.
It will contain a fix for the crafting station bug and maybe one for the mail attachment bug too (if I get it to work). I can also add votan's fix for the settings bug.
03/14/16, 03:09 PM   #9
Wandamey
when you do, you could ask Cairenn for a sticky in the forum to put the change log more visible (and searchable)
03/14/16, 05:52 PM   #10
merlight
Oh noes, my UI's falling apart! Medic! Love it I could've given you access (although those optional uploads have been enabled the whole time), but this is better. I really suck at naming stuff
03/15/16, 05:06 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

I thought about it, but then I remembered that I already had an addon that sort of did the same thing, but was unused since a while ago. The name is inspired by your band aids and Team Fortress 2, where you can call for a medic.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » One of these things is not like the others...