ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   FastAPI new version before next patch (devs) (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6118)

Wandamey 02/24/16 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 26181)
You should stop here. It doesn't change anything without your consent (given by putting the FastAPI tag into the metafile) and if someone wants to use it they can use it and if someone doesn't they are not forced by anyone. The end.
And dopiate, you should remove the "Only change Addons with a fast api tag" checkbox.

that was the purpose of what I asked. And the different answers/pics I saw here never truely answered either. Thanks for clarifying.

Edit, sorry Tony, I don't see your posts when I'm logged. But I hope I'm not the only one seeing the mountain of irony that resides in your message. It's priceless.

QuadroTony 02/24/16 08:41 AM

i forgive you

dopiate 02/24/16 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 26175)
@Dopiate
The easiest thing FastAPI could do is just enable the "UseOutOfDateAddons" line in that "UsedAddons.txt" (I forgot the correct name, sorry) file :p

Hi Baetram,

Thank you for the feedback. I think that's a good idea and an option I will add.

I'm just trying to make a helpful tool - however you find it best to use, is ok by me.

WAY off topic :-) do you know the universal code for
Lua Code:
  1. item == Bookshelf
so make a change to Speed Farmer and not have it only work for English users?

Thanks,
-d

dopiate 02/24/16 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 26181)
You should stop here. It doesn't change anything without your consent (given by putting the FastAPI tag into the metafile) and if someone wants to use it they can use it and if someone doesn't they are not forced by anyone. The end. ;)
And dopiate, you should remove the "Only change Addons with a fast api tag" checkbox.

I can and remember you telling me why.

I think you wrote why in an old PM, is it so users don't uncheck it and make mistakes or you think the option is unneeded?

I remember agreeing with you but I can't remember the justification. LOL we talked about this maybe 6 months ago. Given the "legal medication" for my insomnia, my short term memory isn't as good as it used to be :rolleyes:

I am compiling a list of suggestions, requests and fixes and it should be done soon. Honestly the GUI is slower then writing the code lol.

-d

dopiate 02/24/16 09:28 AM

To do....

besides the GUI clean up and a little testing I think these are my new suggestions to add to my "to do" list

1 - add check/uncheck all addons feature
2 - add feature to tag an addon with the Fast API tag
3 - option to enable/disable the "UseOutOfDateAddons" at will (I will display if it's on or off somewhere on the GUI)

Let me know if I missed anything.

@sirinsidiator - I didn't finish looking over the good ideas you had in PM's -- I'll review them today.

-d

sirinsidiator 02/24/16 09:38 AM

The checkbox is exactly why Wandamey posted what he posted. If an author does not add the FastAPI tag on his own, FastAPI has no permission to change the addon's meta file. That much should be respected, so a feature to tag untagged addons is also not something you should add. As Tony pointed out, nobody can stop users from edit the addon by hand and add the tag, or update the version directly if they think it is necessary, but that happens at their own risk.

dopiate 02/24/16 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 26196)
The checkbox is exactly why Wandamey posted what he posted. If an author does not add the FastAPI tag on his own, FastAPI has no permission to change the addon's meta file. That much should be respected, so a feature to tag untagged addons is also not something you should add. As Tony pointed out, nobody can stop users from edit the addon by hand and add the tag, or update the version directly if they think it is necessary, but that happens at their own risk.

/agreed

thanks,

-d

dopiate 03/01/16 12:23 PM

New SS and Looking for Testers

The New Fast API is finally coming together.

The GUI needs organization but right now I'm only really interested in feature requests and functionality.

I suck at layout and design and I need some assistance testing.

If anyone is interested in helping with either of these please let me know.

Thanks,

-d

sirinsidiator 03/01/16 01:25 PM

I am not sure if there is still a need for FastAPI to be updated, besides for the authors that are not available on patch day. Update 9 will be applied to EU and NA at the same time if nothing changes, so it should suffice to upload a new addon version during maintenance. And starting with Update 10 the game should support 2 API versions on its own. :)

dopiate 03/01/16 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 26284)
I am not sure if there is still a need for FastAPI to be updated, besides for the authors that are not available on patch day. Update 9 will be applied to EU and NA at the same time if nothing changes, so it should suffice to upload a new addon version during maintenance. And starting with Update 10 the game should support 2 API versions on its own. :)

Oh -- thats much better

I'll just shelve it

was a fun exercise

thanks,
-d