ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   [Mac OS X] Unable to quit Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245)

MRizk 03/13/14 02:11 PM

[Mac OS X] Unable to quit Minion

Dear ZAM and ESoui team,

I just wanted to report that I am not able to quit the minion client, whenever I right click the icon in the dock, then select quit the app will just disappear but the icon will keep in the dock showing as running. If I click on the icon in the dock nothing happens. The only way to close it is to force quit the app.

minion#.log: Not sure where I can find that on Mac OS X.
minion.xml: Not sure where I can find that on Mac OS X.
Screenshot: App does not show.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9.2 Build 13C64.

Best wishes,
M.Rizk

Dolby 03/13/14 02:15 PM

Hi MRizk,

We are working on this bug, currently if you use the X in the upper right hand corner of the minion app it will close properly. It just doesn't close via the OSX methods. I hope to get a patch out soon for this!

Thanks for your report and helping us test!

MRizk 03/13/14 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 1109)
Hi MRizk,

We are working on this bug, currently if you use the X in the upper right hand corner of the minion app it will close properly. It just doesn't close via the OSX methods. I hope to get a patch out soon for this!

Thanks for letting me know :)

Moonraker 03/13/14 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 1109)
Hi MRizk,

Confirming this bug.

Closes correctly as suggested by using the x in top right corner. it does throw up a message each time in Console on closing this way. Posted for info;

Code:

14/03/2014 01:22:52.732 Minion[935]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.

Dolby 03/13/14 06:28 PM

I run osx as well so its a bug we have logged. We need to properly capture the quit command from OSX.

Mr. Sensitivity 04/09/14 10:23 AM

Yar. (Translation: Yup).

I know you know that we know about the bug. You know we know about it because you know. BUT, as I believe the first guy mentioned, too, I cannot open the Minion program to do anything with it. Can't even get a window to click the "x" in the upper right hand corner. Can't add anything new, either. So there it sits, functioning in-game, ever present on my MBP hotbar.

Big fan of your work. Really happy you developed Minion for Macs so we can enjoy the add-ons. Cheers to you!

Addendum: ah, nevermind, the first guy didn't have this issue. Yeah, for some reason I can't open it or close it. The keys are locked in the car and the engine's running, daddio!

Moonraker 04/09/14 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Sensitivity (Post 3525)
I know you know that we know about the bug. You know we know about it because you know. BUT, as I believe the first guy mentioned, too, I cannot open the Minion program to do anything with it. Can't even get a window to click the "x" in the upper right hand corner. Can't add anything new, either. So there it sits, functioning in-game, ever present on my MBP hotbar.

Big fan of your work. Really happy you developed Minion for Macs so we can enjoy the add-ons. Cheers to you!

Addendum: ah, nevermind, the first guy didn't have this issue. Yeah, for some reason I can't open it or close it. The keys are locked in the car and the engine's running, daddio!

Working fine here.

Trash the prefs file and relaunch:

~/Library/Preferences/com.zam.minion.minion.plist

If that doesn't help, trash the app and re-download and see if that helps.