ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Minion not detecting my ESO Addon directory (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1991)

Xsorus 07/17/14 04:16 PM

Minion not detecting my ESO Addon directory

Is this ever going to be fixed?

Cause I see you guys talking about it last month

Basically won't detect the Addon folder in My Documents

Dolby 07/17/14 04:25 PM

Yes it was fixed awhile ago. We now search for the ESO game installs (NA, EU, PTS) and if they are found we then look for the AddOn directory and even make the directory if it is missing. Have you tried deleting your minion.xml and restarting Minion, its possible yours is a little messed up (can only guess with out looking at it)?

If after you've deleted or renamed your minion.xml and its still not working can you please post your new minion.xml and minion0.log? http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Xsorus 07/21/14 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 10671)
Yes it was fixed awhile ago. We now search for the ESO game installs (NA, EU, PTS) and if they are found we then look for the AddOn directory and even make the directory if it is missing. Have you tried deleting your minion.xml and restarting Minion, its possible yours is a little messed up (can only guess with out looking at it)?

If after you've deleted or renamed your minion.xml and its still not working can you please post your new minion.xml and minion0.log? http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

deleted the xml, that worked, thank ya

Loomina 01/25/15 01:57 PM

Sigh...
I have followed your Install/Setup Instructions carefully....many times !!
I have installed/unistalled Minion many times.,..
I have deleted minion.xml
Nothing I do works..so far
I am not a computer nerd though I am pretty computer savy.
When it comes to "Find AddOn Folder" I get a list of Drives C D E
G & H to look in ....but nowhere does the AddOn folder appear, unlike
the pic in your instructions.
I am using Win8 64bit.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thankyou. *_*

Seerah 01/25/15 08:48 PM

Are you *certain* you're looking in the Documents folder and not the My Documents folder?

/edit: addons are located at this location: http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?..._howto_install

dst1983 02/12/15 01:29 PM

I have the same problem

I have the same problem , my documents folder is for eso but on drive D: / . for reasons of space

Dolby 02/12/15 04:25 PM

Minion doesnt really support auto detection of AddOn folders not in the default documents folder location for ESO. That is something in the works.

If you already have a listing for the ESO game but its just saving the addons in the wrong location just change the path under the options tab. Make sure to click on the last folder so that the full path is displayed at the bottom of the window before you hit select.

If the game doesnt show for you at all you can manually enter the game into Minion. Just press the Add Game button, select Elder Scrolls Online, then navigate to the path where your AddOn folder is now. Then make sure to click the last folder so the full path is listed at the bottom. Then just hit the select button and you should be good to go.

dst1983 02/13/15 05:15 AM

I've found that it's probably because of my documents folder, minion always tries to create the folders and files on the C drive but the data is on the D drive with me
I have solved the problem with a symbolic link.

TriangularCabbage 06/04/15 03:42 PM

Why just help plz

FIXED it , earlier i had a problem and now its fixed and i dont know how to delete this comment

Dirtyozma 07/26/15 05:58 AM

minion is not working

I have re downloaded this so many times and still doesnt work i have tried deleting the xml i have selected the folder of eso then live then addons and it does nothing how do i fix this?????

Baertram 08/04/15 06:37 AM

Manually install 1 addon by downloading it here, put it into the addons folder.
Check the addons FAQ/Help here in the forum to see where and how: http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?...em#faq_install

Restart Minion and select the addon folder again. Does it work now?

kingdust 07/10/16 04:48 PM

I had ESO installed through Steam.
The folder wasn't being found, even when I manually added it.
I tried deleting the .xml file.

What did work for me:
In settings you can select the folder search depth that Minion will use to find the folder.
I moved this up to a depth of 6.
I then clicked force Minion to redetect addOns.
Closed Minion.
Ran Minion.
Folder was found.

Hope this helps :) :banana:

Okay the CORRECT path was C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\
Notice that path is Documents, not My Documents.
I noticed this was stated before, but when I go into Windows Explorer and navigate to
C:\Users\<username>\ there is a My Documents displayed in there, but not Documents.
Specifically, Windows displays the Documents folder as "My Documents", but the folder name is literally "Documents".
That was my point of error.

[email protected] 08/02/16 03:02 PM

Ugh!

So it forces me to manually find the addons folder in Minions. Even though I have pointed to C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\addons or C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\ it still gives me a blank page. Any ideas?

Dolby 08/02/16 09:34 PM

Not sure. There might be some info in the minion.log. Attach it here and I can take a look if you like.

[email protected] 08/03/16 08:30 AM

Sooooo. I just opened my laptop and tried again. It worked. Weird!

AlchemicalSolution 08/19/16 04:47 AM

Help please

I get a blank page when I manually find the AddOn folder.

I can't locate a minion.xml or minion.log file in the folder that the minion app is saved to

I tried manually installing an addon from this site, there were already a couple of working ones installed (I just downloaded Minion because I can't get skyshard to work) made no difference

I don't know what to do

I'm finding the AddOn folder fine, I know it's in Documents and not My Documents.

I'm doing this on two machines, mine and my girlfriend's and having the same issue on both

UPDATE - Restarting the computers seems to have fixed the issue in both cases, maybe add a line in the instructions advising a system restart after installation or as a first attempt to fix the 'blank screen' issue

chronos1981 09/16/17 10:22 AM

Run it as admin worked for me.

cookingbaconsl 09/18/17 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdust (Post 27738)
I had ESO installed through Steam.
The folder wasn't being found, even when I manually added it.
I tried deleting the .xml file.

What did work for me:
In settings you can select the folder search depth that Minion will use to find the folder.
I moved this up to a depth of 6.
I then clicked force Minion to redetect addOns.
Closed Minion.
Ran Minion.
Folder was found.

Hope this helps :) :banana:

Cool! This fix worked for me!

[email protected] 11/17/17 11:15 AM

Same Issue

I seriously have to register an account because I can't even use your software? The addon folder isnt being detected. I show it the folder and it keeps asking me to do it over and over and over again. Common guys.

rarz 04/02/18 11:41 PM

Fixed

Hit the configure button and bump up the directory depth. 4 is not enough if you're using a steam install of the game for example..