ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Minion stopped working (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800)

Uvirith 04/12/14 01:26 AM

Minion stopped working

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

since the addon, Minion always hangs itself at the same position.
(see attachment)

What to do?

Thanks,
Uvi

Dolby 04/12/14 01:29 AM

There was an issue if you had the addon QueueQueue installed. This should now be fixed now, just close and restart minion.

If you don't have that AddOn installed and you are still having the hang issue please post your minion.xml and minion0.log file here. If you are running windows those files can be found in your user folder under .minion. The full path would be C:\Users\<your username>\.minion\

Uvirith 04/12/14 01:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I dont have that Addon installed, yet Minion still hangs.

Attached the files you requestet.

Addons I installed via Minion
Alchemist
Esohead
Esoheadmarkers
FTC
InventoryGridview
LootDrop
mhFramework
mhQuestTools
ResearchAssistant
SimpleCombatAlerts

Dolby 04/12/14 02:24 AM

There seems to be an addon directory under your liveeu/addons folder called "adawd" that Minion does not like. Can you remove that folder and see if Minion loads?

That folder isn't from any addon on your list.

Uvirith 04/12/14 02:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
That was a Backup of the original addons.

I removed it now, but Minion still hangs.

I tried deleting the .minionfolder, now it hangs at another point

Attached are the new items.

Tarmros 04/14/14 12:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

I am having exactly the same problem.

Files attached

Rgs

Dolby 04/14/14 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uvirith (Post 3935)
That was a Backup of the original addons.

I removed it now, but Minion still hangs.

I tried deleting the .minionfolder, now it hangs at another point

Attached are the new items.

Is there a reason you have 3 addon paths added to Minion? It looks like you added

1 C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen
2 C:\Documents and Settings
3 C:\Users

None of those are correct paths to the ESO AddOns folder so it would cause Minion to hang.

Delete your minion.xml again. When Minion starts and asks you for the path to your Addon folder navigate to the following location. C:\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns . When you get to the AddOn folder you need to click on it and it should show the path in the field below.

Dolby 04/14/14 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarmros (Post 4279)
Hi

I am having exactly the same problem.

Files attached

Rgs

Your issue although looks similar is not the same as Uvirith, however did you try deleting your minion.xml and restarting Minion yet?

Thanks.

Tarmros 04/14/14 01:10 PM

That has fixed it. Thank you.

Although it only recognises one of the four addons I have as being installed.

Seerah 04/14/14 02:49 PM

Just reinstall them through Minion. Better addon detection is incoming.

Uvirith 04/17/14 04:47 AM

short heads up:

Installing minion, THEN deleting the minion.xml (and only that, not the whole .minion-folder), then reinstalling all the addons did it for me.

Uvirith 04/19/14 01:25 AM

It stopped working again -.-

Same error as in my first post. It stops at "detected EsoHead".
Maybe I wait until a more stable version comes out.

Thanks,
Uvi

Dolby 04/19/14 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uvirith (Post 4897)
It stopped working again -.-

Same error as in my first post. It stops at "detected EsoHead".
Maybe I wait until a more stable version comes out.

Thanks,
Uvi

Minion is multithreaded so it may not have stopped at Esohead, it was one of the many things it was doing at the time that it stopped at. Thats why we output more than 1 line.

If you have time can you post your minion0.log and minion.xml here so we can see what happened? I would really appreciate it as it will help us make Minion more stable.

Thanks.

Uvirith 04/19/14 01:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 4898)
Minion is multithreaded so it may not have stopped at Esohead, it was one of the many things it was doing at the time that it stopped at. Thats why we output more than 1 line.

If you have time can you post your minion0.log and minion.xml here so we can see what happened? I would really appreciate it as it will help us make Minion more stable.

Thanks.

Sure, no problem.

Here they are.

Dolby 04/19/14 01:50 AM

Thanks!, Looking at your minion.xml it looks if you remove

Code:

<game addon-path="QzpcRG9rdW1lbnRlIHVuZCBFaW5zdGVsbHVuZ2Vu" auto-update="false" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/>
it should work again. If you don't want to do that we will have an update to Minion next week that improves game detection and should fix your problem. You may still need to delete your minion.xml when this new update comes out.

This new update will detect every version of ESO installed on your computer, NA, EU and PTS and add them to the game list automatically. So you dont have to manually add the games.

I'll try and remember to update this thread when the new version is released. :)

Uvirith 04/19/14 01:57 AM

That worked, thanks for the fast help!

Happy Easter to you ;-)