ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   FCM Quest Tracker Update or Replacement? (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9204)

Gandamir 06/08/20 10:57 AM

FCM Quest Tracker Update or Replacement?

Hello,

I have been using FCM Quest Tracker which has been working great up until recently. It sill works fine, but now causes an issue with Beam Me Up due to the new method of using libraries.

@DeadSoon, the BeamMeUp author has tracked it down to:
"it is because FCMQT loads his own LibDialog."

While they may have a fix in BeamMeUp, I was wondering if someone would either be willing to revive and update FCMQT to use Libraries, or can recommend an alternate addon that provides a better quest tracker than is in game.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...stTracker.html

Thanks in advance!

Gandamir

Blackwolfe 06/08/20 11:39 AM

I don't know if ravlox quest tracker works with beam me up but if it does it's certainly an alternative.

I had totally forgotten about fcm, I used it back around release before I quit the game until I came back a little more than a month ago.

Baertram 06/08/20 01:30 PM

If fcmqt uses its own included old Libraries just strip them all from the subfolders, remove any hard-coded line in the addon's txt file which was loading the included libs from subfolders (e. G. /libs/libDialog/LibDialog.lua), and add the ## DependsOn: LibDialog to the addons txt file and install the libs in your Addons folder just like addons (standalone). This way they will not use the included versions anymore but the ones from your addons folder, using the txt files of the libs properly to only load the newest version.

If any line in the addon's uses the libs with LibStub just replace this line to use the global variable of the lib directly. E. G. Replace this:

local ld=LibStub("LibDialog")

With this:

Local ld =LibDialog

Gandamir 06/08/20 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 41450)
If fcmqt uses its own included old Libraries just strip them all from the subfolders, remove any hard-coded line in the addon's txt file which was loading the included libs from subfolders (e. G. /libs/libDialog/LibDialog.lua), and add the ## DependsOn: LibDialog to the addons txt file and install the libs in your Addons folder just like addons (standalone). This way they will not use the included versions anymore but the ones from your addons folder, using the txt files of the libs properly to only load the newest version.

If any line in the addon's uses the libs with LibStub just replace this line to use the global variable of the lib directly. E. G. Replace this:

local ld=LibStub("LibDialog")

With this:

Local ld =LibDialog

Thanks Baertram, I'll give that a try soon.

Micke2nd 06/09/20 03:00 AM

DeleteRedundantLibs was made to remove those obsolete libs

Sharlikran 06/09/20 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try that version instead. I will see if the author is willing to update it.

Sharlikran 03/16/23 07:43 PM

FCMQT is not my mod and I'm not maintaining it. So please refrain from asking me to update it. I do realize that because of the current update it doesn't work. The quest names and descriptions superimpose over each other from what I see. I have no idea if it is a simple fix or not. I am sorry about that. If I figure something out then I'll post here.

In between work and family my daughter wrecked her car and I have to rebuild her rear suspension.

Masteroshi430 03/17/23 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharlikran (Post 47390)
FCMQT is not my mod and I'm not maintaining it. So please refrain from asking me to update it. I do realize that because of the current update it doesn't work. The quest names and descriptions superimpose over each other from what I see. I have no idea if it is a simple fix or not. I am sorry about that. If I figure something out then I'll post here.

In between work and family my daughter wrecked her car and I have to rebuild her rear suspension.

My Vestige's epic quest addon pubished in 2021 is based on FCMQT and is maintained (in case it help users).:)
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...EpicQuest.html

Sharlikran 03/17/23 07:05 AM

That could work then. Thanks for mentioning that.

ZashkvaroK 05/04/23 01:59 AM

Any news on a fix? It's just that FCMQT was special, I don't think I can do the same interface in Vestige's Epic Quest.

Masteroshi430 05/04/23 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZashkvaroK (Post 47729)
Any news on a fix? It's just that FCMQT was special, I don't think I can do the same interface in Vestige's Epic Quest.

Have you tried?
What is missing?

ZashkvaroK 05/04/23 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 (Post 47730)
Have you tried?
What is missing?

In FCMQT, I displayed all the quests of all zones on the screen, and hid the zone that I didn’t need at the moment, it was very convenient for me. I did not use hotkeys to switch, it was convenient for me to use the mouse. And in FCMQT the selected quest from the list did not rise to the very top of the list, this feature is confusing me. I seem to have carefully looked at the settings, but could not do it the way I was had it.
Sorry, I hope my English is understandable enough.

Masteroshi430 05/04/23 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZashkvaroK (Post 47731)
In FCMQT, I displayed all the quests of all zones on the screen, and hid the zone that I didn’t need at the moment, it was very convenient for me. I did not use hotkeys to switch, it was convenient for me to use the mouse. And in FCMQT the selected quest from the list did not rise to the very top of the list, this feature is confusing me. I seem to have carefully looked at the settings, but could not do it the way I was had it.
Sorry, I hope my English is understandable enough.

Yes VEQ works differently, it displays the focused quest at the top of the list and only the other quests that are in the same zone or are of the same type (if no specific zone) as the focused quest.

VEQ is based on FCMQT but was never aimed to be FCMQT2 (sorry for that).
That being said, I find that arguing on the differences between the two addons is a bit into nitpicking. ;)

ZashkvaroK 05/04/23 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 (Post 47733)
Yes VEQ works differently, it displays the focused quest at the top of the list and only the other quests that are in the same zone or are of the same type (if no specific zone) as the focused quest.

VEQ is based on FCMQT but was never aimed to be FCMQT2 (sorry for that).
That being said, I find that arguing on the differences between the two addons is a bit into nitpicking. ;)

No, of course I'm not trying to be picky. You just asked if I tried and what I was missing, and I told you what. Thank you for your time с: