ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Addons API (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18)

Swarog 02/15/14 02:37 PM

Addons API

Where I can find developer's manual with API description?
How can I start to develop addons?
How others already done some addons (without manual and tools)?

Xrystal 02/15/14 02:39 PM

Once you get into the beta you have access to the beta forums and there is one in there that allows you to add your name to the addon side of testing. I assume people that have been accepted have been given access to such things as needed for testing purposes.

Swarog 02/15/14 02:44 PM

I've missed it. Thank you.
Could someone share developer's content from that forum for me, please?

Cairenn 02/15/14 02:52 PM

We still need to get permission to post the full API. We'll hopefully have it soon. :)

Swarog 02/15/14 02:55 PM

Ok. Going to waiting state... :)

Logan_Lane 02/15/14 03:38 PM

Good to know.

Here I was thinking either the addon authors were extremely good at reverse-engineering the API from the ESO survey addon or I was a complete idiot.

zork 02/15/14 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 50)
We still need to get permission to post the full API. We'll hopefully have it soon. :)

Good to hear that. Under which form will the API be released? A new WIKI page?

Xrystal 02/15/14 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zork (Post 57)
Good to hear that. Under which form will the API be released? A new WIKI page?

Psst click on WIKI link :)

Dridzt 02/15/14 04:34 PM

Introduction text on wiki has a left-over copy pasta error :)
Quote:

The Secret World AddOns are available for download

Swarog 02/15/14 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dridzt (Post 59)

I've found it too.
Fixed.

Cairenn 02/15/14 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dridzt (Post 59)

Link? I can't find it.

[Edit]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swarog (Post 60)
I've found it too.
Fixed.

Ahhh, that would be why! Thanks Swarog. :)

Swarog 02/15/14 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 61)
Ahhh, that would be why! Thanks Swarog. :)

You are welcome!

LaRIC 02/16/14 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 46)
Once you get into the beta you have access to the beta forums and there is one in there that allows you to add your name to the addon side of testing. I assume people that have been accepted have been given access to such things as needed for testing purposes.

I have beta access through the curse invitation and as far as I can see I can't get into the forums then :(
Or can someone else send an invitation code so I can register on their forums?

TopfliteB 02/16/14 01:03 AM

LaRIC, generally speaking Beta Forum access is closed except during the actual run-time of a Beta.

This may be circumvented through special permission from ZoS, I am not sure on that fact

Swarog 02/16/14 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopfliteB (Post 111)
LaRIC, generally speaking Beta Forum access is closed except during the actual run-time of a Beta.

This may be circumvented through special permission from ZoS, I am not sure on that fact

I've been invited via email from ZOS but have no access to forums right now. I agree it will be closed until next beta event or release.

Nynaeve 02/16/14 04:00 AM

It's true that beta forums are inaccessible when beta weekends are not in session.
(That said, I've seen tweets that indicate that the PTS (always in session) has its own forum.)
I'm fairly certain there will be another beta phase soon, as they've implied they want to run a certain number of sessions prior to release, which is approaching quickly.

Myrroddin 02/16/14 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nynaeve (Post 116)
It's true that beta forums are inaccessible when beta weekends are not in session.

No wonder I can't ever find them. Really annoying, since whether I can write AddOns or not will have a huge impact on converting to or adding ESO to my played games. Sure, those forums will be available once the game goes live, but my decision to buy the game in the first place will be made during the beta. Not cool, Bethusa, not cool at all.

Trollbalistic 02/16/14 04:47 PM

Since the NDA is now dropped. Does that mean that people can start sharing Addon creation details?

Seerah 02/16/14 06:22 PM

@Trollbalistic:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 50)

/edit: If I recall correctly, the API is still only available to PTS testers, and they are still under a limited NDA. You guys will certainly know, though, when we receive permission to post whatever we've got!

10leej 02/17/14 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollbalistic (Post 203)
Since the NDA is now dropped. Does that mean that people can start sharing Addon creation details?

You guys can. Players participating in the PTS are under a limited NDA and cannot provide that information right now. It is however planned to be lifted soon so patience young padawan.... Wait this is elder scrolls not star wars........