ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Auto Update not working for anyone else? (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703)

Implement 04/08/14 01:20 PM

Auto Update not working for anyone else?

It show's that there are update's but will never actually update them automatically.

When I disable Auto Update, I can click the "Update" button on each one individually and Minion will update them without issue.

Kind of strange. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Dolby 04/08/14 01:59 PM

Hi Implement,

Yes there is a bug and we are working to fix it. Sorry for the trouble.

grobson 04/10/14 01:05 PM

Work around

A better work around is just to uncheck and recheck auto update and it will update them all at once.

Dolby 04/10/14 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you uncheck auto update, restart Minion you can use the [Update ALL] button under the installed tab...

sdunne 05/10/14 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Implement (Post 3356)
It show's that there are update's but will never actually update them automatically.

When I disable Auto Update, I can click the "Update" button on each one individually and Minion will update them without issue.

Kind of strange. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Yep, still having this behaviour. Using the disable/enable work around but would really like a proper fix.

Let me know if you need info on my setup

katkat42 05/10/14 03:30 PM

I've been having this issue too. I do appreciate finding the work-around, but it's still a problem even after downloading today's new version.

Seerah 05/10/14 10:01 PM

As we have stated previously, this is a known issue and a fix is in the works. You can disable auto-update, restart Minion, and use the Update All button.

Dolby 05/11/14 08:35 AM

The fix didn't come in this update, I'm hopeing the next Minion update will have it. :)

DigitalHype 05/31/14 01:44 PM

Minion just updated. Add-on auto-update is still broken. On a side notice. I was looking for an option, in Minion, to see the client version. I can't find one.

Dolby 06/01/14 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalHype (Post 8864)
Minion just updated. Add-on auto-update is still broken. On a side notice. I was looking for an option, in Minion, to see the client version. I can't find one.

We display the build id. Just load minion and its at the bottom of the window.

Auto-update has been working great for me and my co-workers. I've even gotten feature requests form users using it wanting to reverse the order of the update log. So it's working for some people.

Could you please attach your minion.xml and minion0.log? Thanks :)

photofitz 06/02/14 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It doesn't work for me either. It just sits there with "Autoupdate" greyed out next to each updateable item.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version, but still no joy.

My build id is 5396e5acaa5d032d981a97f5063e9a1ca7e05fec

I tried clicking the checkbox off and on again and now the updates are hung in an "Updating" state.

My files are attached.

Attachment 272

Attachment 273

Dolby 06/02/14 01:10 PM

Thanks, that log and config helps a lot! I'm going to try and reproduce the problem based on your configuration. :)

My initial thought is that its working for those that have more than 1 game detected like EU/PTS... When I get time today I'll test that theory and make the appropriate bug tickets to get it fixed.

GaylenOraylee 06/16/14 12:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm experiencing the same problem. The auto-update has never worked for myself nor my husband, we have to uncheck and then recheck the option to trigger the update.

Attaching files in the event you need more logs to recreate.