ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   UI Locking up - ZO_ParametricScrollList.lua invalid operator for nil (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8615)

TR1PL3stack 06/22/19 11:44 AM

UI Locking up - ZO_ParametricScrollList.lua invalid operator for nil

I've started get an error recently. It seems random and usually start when I'm trying loot or interact with something like a skyshard.

Code:

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ParametricScrollList/ZO_ParametricScrollList.lua:246: operator .. is not supported for nil .. string
The error starts coming in a few times a second. I hear a dinging sound non stop and the game is very choppy until I restart it.
- Logout doesn't fix it, but the error is not present on the character select screen
- reload ui doesn't fix it

Any idea which mod could be causing the issue? It looks like the error comes from an official library, but I haven't found anything searching the error.

Rhyono 06/22/19 11:48 AM

Due to my mastery of the English language: I'd wager it has something to do with "NoThankYou," which was mentioned three times in that very screenshot.

TR1PL3stack 06/22/19 03:39 PM

Thanks for your sarcastic comment. If you used your mastery of google, you would see it's an error handler, so it will show in every stack trace.

No thank you is just an error handler that moves error notifications to your inbox. If I didn't have it, then when the bug starts, I can't play or do anything.

Shinni 06/22/19 03:57 PM

The error message you posted is caused by NoThankYou.
You have two errors:
1st, some addon throws an error.
2nd, NoThankYou tries to add a notification for the error, but NoThankYou itself bugs out and causes another error.
The screenshot you posted is the error message for the 2nd error caused by NoThankYou.

sirinsidiator 06/22/19 04:01 PM

Rhyono is right though. This bug in your screenshot is caused by NoThankYou. Check the comment section for it. It hasn't been updated in almost a year and doesn't fully work with the current game version.

Rhyono 06/22/19 04:23 PM

As has been explained: that error is NTY and we need the error that is causing NTY to fail in the first place. If you have NTY off, the very first error you're able to see (I know they'll keep spamming you if you close them, but we just need the first) will be a clue.

Anceane 06/22/19 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyono (Post 38505)
As has been explained: that error is NTY and we need the error that is causing NTY to fail in the first place. If you have NTY off, the very first error you're able to see (I know they'll keep spamming you if you close them, but we just need the first) will be a clue.

the spammed errors can be found in the libdebuglogger savedvariables or viewer, i remember having those before i modified NTY.

TR1PL3stack 06/25/19 02:04 PM

Found the problem, it's Ulrich's Skill Point Finder. When I get all skyshards for a region, it causes the error.

NeuroticPixels 06/26/19 02:25 PM

I use Ulrich's Skill Point Finder and No Thank You and have never had any errors from either addon. So it could have something to do with a setting you're using. Maybe they're conflicting with each other because of that setting?
Not sure. But I think you should disable anything in No Thank You that has anything to do with skyshards and then test it.

Baertram 06/27/19 07:37 AM

I'm normally using both as well and never had this error happen. But I did turn NoThankYou off some weeks ago so this might be happening only since a newer patch?