ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   ESO is using OneDrive for Addons (Windows 10) (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5236)

Acabar 10/28/15 06:32 PM

ESO is using OneDrive for Addons (Windows 10)

Hey all,

After doing some troubleshoot with my add-ons after recently reinstalling the game on my new machine, I came to find out that ESO is not looking for the add-on folder located in
Code:

C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
but instead looks for it under OneDrive
Code:

C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
is there a way to change this? I don't recall this being the case on my old build running Windows 8.1, so I'm assuming maybe its an issue with Win10 and how OneDrive is perceived on the system.

Minion goes to the correct (local) path by default. And to clarify, this is where the game itself is looking, not Minion.

Ayantir 10/28/15 06:43 PM

You'll need to disable OneDrive or create a link from your OneDrive\Elder Scrolls Online to LocalDocs\Elder Scrolls Online, but it can cause problems (maybe)

And submit an ingame /bug to complain
Only ZOS can change this

ZOS_ChipHilseberg 10/29/15 02:26 PM

We'll take a look to see if we can reproduce this internally.

Fyrakin 10/29/15 11:35 PM

I wouldn't complain if all my PCs were using OneDive for this :). Honestly, this would make me happy. As wouldn't have to worry about syncing add-ons between my PCs. And hopefully one day be able to use them on my XBox too :).

Nydemas 02/11/16 07:12 AM

try looking at this:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/h...ons-windows-10

On my system the default document save was set to OneDrive. I changed it back to "Drive C:" and it now work normally.

mmaniei 08/31/17 07:46 AM

Thank You Thank You Thank You!

I have just copied the content on the add-on folder from inside the Live folder on to the onedrive and I can now see the add-ons listed.

Thanks so very much for your help.

Bless You All!

Mazi

Greevir 08/31/17 03:15 PM

Yup, I love having my addons installed into the Onedrive folder. When using a friends computer to play ESO I have my addons and setting right there waiting for me. You can have Minion look into the onedrive folder instead of the standard documents folder so it's not even an issue.

Tirluka 11/27/17 09:43 AM

Addons on OneDrive causing issues

Having all your files readily accessible on a cloud is convenient but causes incredible latency! Anyway to have the game see the addons from your mydocuments as intended before win10? ZOS why have you not addressed this?

I have done everything I can to change the latency in the game on my side. Adjusted firewall settings, turned off Windows updates push notifications, turned off network services sending and receiving packets for no reason, etc. The only other conclusion I can come to is that ZOS is not upgrading the server stacks to deal with higher traffic.

Torhal 11/27/17 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirluka (Post 33272)
Having all your files readily accessible on a cloud is convenient but causes incredible latency!

No? What's in your OneDrive folder isn't dynamically fetched from the Internet; it's an actual file on your physical drive. The only syncing that occurs is when the document is changed, which in the case of addons is when you exit the game or reload the UI. At that point, you shouldn't be seeing any latency increase unless you have thousands of addons installed since their settings are tiny text files.

fever82 12/05/17 09:06 AM

ESO and Onedrive.

Hey. I never used onedrive before, but now I took it back and up running. Do I have to make like "addons" folder or something in there, where to install my addons then or what? :)

Jadax 12/06/17 06:39 AM

Actually I think almost all my games save to folders which come within OneDrive too. It's extremely annoying because now my Drive is huge and it takes ages to upload each time (not sure why the speed sucks).

Baertram 12/06/17 07:37 AM

It sux cuz every file gets compared locally on your pc and online with the microsoft onedrive. So it takes ages to find "new" or "updated files.