ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   [Mac OS X] Unable to login to Minion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243)

MRizk 03/13/14 01:34 PM

[Mac OS X] Unable to login to Minion

1 Attachment(s)
Hello ZAM & ESoul team,

Thanks a lot for creating minion for us, I am a World of Warcraft player, of course I am using a similar program to manage all my add-ons on WoW, so I am really glad to see a similar app comes to life for ESO too (and I am happy this one will support WoW in future too!).

Currently I am not able to login to this application, good thing add-ons can be downloaded without signing in. I just installed Minion on my Mac OS X. I am using Mavericks latest build available to public. Whenever I try to login to minion it keeps claiming that either my userid or password is incorrect.

The client itself asks for email and password for log in, I entered my ZAM email and password but it keeps claiming one of the details or both are incorrect, I also tried my ZAM userid and password but still the same issue.

File required to report issues:
minion#.log: Not sure where I can find that on Mac OS X
minion.xml: Not sure where I can find that on Mac OS X
Screenshot: Check below in attachments section
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9.2 Build 13C64

Cairenn 03/13/14 01:40 PM

It should be fixed now. Sorry about that! :o

MRizk 03/13/14 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 1102)
It should be fixed now. Sorry about that! :o

Still not working here.

Dolby 03/13/14 02:16 PM

I am looking into it.

Thanks for the report.

Lukefus 03/13/14 03:30 PM

Same problem here, won't let me log in, only as guest.
Also when I'm in the login screen my WHOLE mac lags, like terribly. As soon as I close minion or I log in as guest the lag stops. But on that login screen it's terrible, apart from it not letting me log in

oOBlueberryOo 03/13/14 03:38 PM

I have the same problem. Hope for a fixing soon :)
Looking forward to the Thread and good job everyone ;)

Dolby 03/13/14 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukefus (Post 1132)
Same problem here, won't let me log in, only as guest.
Also when I'm in the login screen my WHOLE mac lags, like terribly. As soon as I close minion or I log in as guest the lag stops. But on that login screen it's terrible, apart from it not letting me log in

Thanks, I'll check out the lag issue as well. What version of OSX?

The login issues will be fixed very soon. We were finally able to reproduce it and find the root cause.

SBN 03/13/14 04:09 PM

Same here!

I can't log in right now. Every time I'll get the same error message: "Login failed. Please check your userid and password."

The log in screen also slowed down my Mac like hell...wasn't really usable anymore. As a guest (even when I tried "Sign in" from the main screen again) everything was fine and smooth.
Maybe something with the blur effect? CPU usage was around 20-30% and dropped to 5% as soon as the blur was gone...

I'm on Mac OS X 10.9.2 on a Mid 2009 MacBook Pro.

Hope that helps! If you need logs or something, I'm happy to help! Keep up the good work! :)

Dolby 03/13/14 04:18 PM

Update: Login should now work. :D

Please let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Thanks for the additional information. I will certainly look into this as we dont want Minion using that much CPU at all! It's possible its the blurr effect and I'll look into that.

SBN 03/13/14 04:35 PM

Yes, login is working now! :)