ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Not sure which addon to post this error to (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9998)

Damolann 12/02/21 08:27 AM

Not sure which addon to post this error to

I'm not sure if this is a FCMQT or a LibCustomMenu error but it just started happening Tuesday after the NA Maintenance reset. If it's from FCMQT then I will probably never get a fix since that one appears abandoned.

This popped up at login:
Code:

Gui Warning: Failed to create control 'LibCustomMenuSubmenu'. Duplicate name.

Lua Error: user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:86: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:86: in function 'Submenu:Initialize'
<Locals> self = [table:1]{}, name = "LibCustomMenuSubmenu" </Locals>
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:78: in function 'Submenu:New'
<Locals> self = [table:2]{__isAbstractClass = F}, object = [table:1] </Locals>
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:648: in function 'OnAddonLoaded'
 <Locals> event = 65536, name = "LibDebugLogger" </Locals>

And this pops up any time I try to view objects in my inventory with right click. I tried uninstalling FCO ItemSaver thinking that was the problem but the errors persist.

Code:

Lua Error: user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:570: attempt to index a nil value
 stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:570: in function 'CreateSubMenu'
<Locals> control = ud, state = 1 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:389: in function 'callback'
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:64: in function '(anonymous)'

Lua Error: user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:579: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:579: in function 'CreateSubMenu'
<Locals> control = ud, state = 2 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:394: in function 'callback'
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:64: in function '(anonymous)'

Lua Error: user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:570: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:570: in function 'CreateSubMenu'
<Locals> control = ud, state = 1 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:401: in function 'MouseDown'
<Locals> control = ud </Locals>

Baertram 12/02/21 08:32 AM

Code:

user:/AddOns/FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu.lua:86:
This was explained 1000 times meanwhile (e.g. here -> especialy at "If you see dependencies in subfolders (e.g. "libs") of addons") but once again:
Remove embedded libraries in subfolders of your addons!

So check folder FCMQT/Libs/ for all libraries in there and:
1. Check if you are able to find the libraries at www.esoui.com or within Minion
2. If not: Keep it and try if it will work this way. Else read below at "Time to find newer maintained addons instead?"
3. If so: Download it and install to live/AddOns directly just like normal addons
4. Delete the folder of the lib in your addon's folder, like: FCMQT/Libs/LibCustomMenu/

This should fix a lot of errors in older addons as they do not load the libs anymore from their subfolders but use the most up2date version now from your live/AddOns folder.

If the addons stop working and throw errors afterwards:
Search your addon's lua files for "LibStub" and remove it as it is obsolete.

You need to exchange the lines where e.g.
Lua Code:
  1. local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")
appears with:
Lua Code:
  1. local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

The global variable LibAddonMenu2 is different for each library! Could be LibCustomMenu, LibSets, etc. but do not use LibStub anymore to load the libraries as LibStub is obsolete meanwhile.
You can find the global library variable names at the library addon description or changelog.

Hope this helps and fixes your issue here.

Time to find newer maintained addons instead?
If not or if you are not able to do this on your own you should search newer addons as replacements, or patched versions (maybe someone linked them already to the addon comments).

btw I have used the forum search and found this already about the addon FCMQT:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=FCMQT
-> You would have found the same if you would have used the forum search

Sharlikran 12/02/21 09:19 AM

Code:

user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:669: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:669: in function 'FCMQT.QuestsLoop'
|caaaaaa<Locals> userCurrentZone = "Vvardenfell", currentMapZoneIdx = 467, limitnbquests = 12, nbquests = 12, showquests = 12, valcheck = 1, order = "Zone+Name" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:707: in function 'FCMQT.QuestsListUpdate'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 1 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/FCMQT/FCMQT.lua:1318: in function 'FCMQT.Init'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 65536, addOnName = "FCMQT", panelData = [table:1]{name = "FCMQT Settings", slashCommand = "/fcmqt", author = "Blackstorm", version = "0.66", displayName = "|cefebbeFCMQT Settings|r", type = "panel"}, optionsData = [table:2]{} </Locals>|r

I still agree with Baertram that for the majority of addons his suggestion is valid. I also feel that reminding users to do more searching for sticky posts and reading them so a user is more aware is important. To add to that just simply posting in the forums will not get you anywhere really.

However, even if the suggested changes to remove LibStub support were made there would still be the above error.

In fact just replacing "ZO_QuestTracker["tracker"]:InitialTrackingUpdate()" with the class and the function will cause an error. I'm not saying this could not be fixed with some investigating but esentially this mod can not be updated easily by a novice or someone just copy pasting a few lines into the lua code.

Damolann, sorry but you are out of luck with Version: 0.65 anyway.

Best Version

The best version I found was Version: 1.5.5.26

So Damolann, make more of an effort to search for other versions. I used `Quest Tracker` in the ESOUI search and saw not only three versions of FCMQT but Ravalox' Quest Tracker. Trying both you may like one of the more then the other.

Damolann 12/02/21 03:21 PM

Thanks both of you. I ended up grabbing the FCMQT_v160.zip that you, Sharlikran, posted at the bottom of the post Baertram linked and it seems to work fine.

I did search here for FCMQT but the only thing I saw with that was a 2018 topic that still used CustomTitles and a couple other things that didn't work. FCM was too short and quest was too generic.

Sharlikran 12/02/21 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damolann (Post 45000)
Thanks both of you. I ended up grabbing the FCMQT_v160.zip that you, Sharlikran, posted at the bottom of the post Baertram linked and it seems to work fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 44992)
btw I have used the forum search and found this already about the addon FCMQT:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=FCMQT
-> You would have found the same if you would have used the forum search

I thought that mod name looked familiar. I forgot I posted a zip of my adjustments to it.