This thread is a list of common problems and solutions for Minion. Please do not post any questions here (Create a new thread for questions/support).
- Download Minion with 32bit instead of 64bit even if you use a 64bit Operating System!
- Check if your username contains any non-latin characters (e.g. kyrillic)! If so rename your windows username to only contain latin chars as Minion won't support non-latin chars in the windows username! You could also create a new windows user with admin rights and after updating the addons copy them over to the other windows user you actually play with.
- Uninstall Minion.
- Delete/rename the minion.xml file to say minion to reset all settings -> See the path above:
- If it refuses to work with the default installation path choose something not within c:\users, like c:\Minion
- Start Minion with priviledged administrator rights, if the addons are not updated or it fails to access the default installation folder c:\users ... (right click the link of Minion on your desktop/start menu, choose "Properties" and then choose "Start as administrator" in the enhanced settings.)
- Remove all Elder Scrolls Online related files like AddOns and SavedVariables from your OneDrive if you use OneDrive! Put it to the standard c:\users\your windows username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live folder again
- Be sure to allow Minion in your antivirus + firewall software (also within Windows Defender!). Search online for Whitelist/allow/exclusion and your antivirus/firewall software name to check how this will be done.
- After a fresh installation/new chosen addon directory minion sometimes refuses to show the addons! It will just kind of hang at "Loading <game name> addons", or similar.
Please wait ~5 Minutes and restart Minion then. If it still fails to show them, restart it again after a few minutes. If after 5 times the addons are not shown read the sticky thread how to report a bug and post your minion.xml and log files please.
- If Minion does not start do not close the client (check if the minion process is still active via the task manager) and check the log file's end what is the last thing written in there. e.g. "Ping ...." and then nothing more ? -> Your network is not able to reach the minion servers.
Check if you use a proxy server to connect to the internet and disable it so Minion can start. Then check the Minion settings in the Minion UI (top right corner -> gear icon left to the small i) and setup your proxy in there properly.
- If Minion won't open check if the windows system tray got a small Minion icon (red rectangle icon with white eye in it), right click it and choose "Reset position". If there is no minion icon in the system tray check if it is hidden behind the small upwards triangle icon of windows, left to the clock in the system bar (hidden system tray icons).
- Read other forum threads in here to check what other problems like ipv4 versus ipv6 + java could be the issue and use the fixes/info given in those threads then.
- If Minion is not able to connect to the internet try to open a Windows CMD prompt (press WINDOWS KEY, type cmd, right click found entry "Command prompt" and choose "Run as administartor") and enter this command:
setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
- If Minion starts but addons wont be recognized change inside the Minion settings the folder depth to search through so all subfolders get scanned properly.
When posting for support/help please include your minion.xml and minion.log. There should always be a minion.log file if the Minion program starts. If Minion doesn't start and there is no minion.log make sure to include that fact in your thread.
Press the windows key, enter %USERPROFILE% and press return key.
Inside the file explorer opened folder search for the directory ".minion".
Open it and in there should be the minion.xml file and minion.log.
Additional information on these files can be found here
* Special thanks to Baertram for this list!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 AM.
vBulletin © 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2014 - 2021 MMOUI