ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Librarian alternative? (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7862)

hawkeye1889 06/15/18 11:28 PM

Librarian alternative?

Can someone suggest an alternative to Librarian? Pocket Apocrypha looks great but it crashes eso anytime I pickup a book.

Thanks in advance

Rhynchelma 06/16/18 05:46 AM

Librarian Replacement

Pocket Apocrypha

Rhyono 06/16/18 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye1889 (Post 35045)
Pocket Apocrypha looks great but it crashes eso anytime I pickup a book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhynchelma (Post 35051)

I feel like he knows about that one.

Rhynchelma 06/16/18 08:30 AM

Works fine for me... May need a newer version or removal of saved variables.

There have been revisions.

hawkeye1889 06/16/18 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhynchelma (Post 35053)
Works fine for me... May need a newer version or removal of saved variables.

There have been revisions.

I downloaded the newest version last night fresh install still crashes

BigM 06/16/18 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye1889 (Post 35059)
I downloaded the newest version last night fresh install still crashes

Did you download it from here?

https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/97

Working great.

hawkeye1889 06/16/18 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigM (Post 35061)
Did you download it from here?

Working great.

yes I did Thanks for checking, unless I run no other addons it crashes eso whenever i read or import a book

EDIT: Removed pchat and it now works now i need to find a chat addon that reloads chat after a ui reload

Kyoma 06/17/18 07:31 AM

If pChat is causing a crash in combination with Pocket Apocrypha it might be worth it to report this, it is possible this may be fixed or otherwise looked into.

DesertDwellers 06/17/18 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye1889 (Post 35045)
Can someone suggest an alternative to Librarian? Pocket Apocrypha looks great but it crashes eso anytime I pickup a book.

Thanks in advance

If you are using pChat, you need to turn off the option in Pocket Apocrypha to send notifications to Chat. Just use the Annoucements. Least in my testing that is what I found. PA is using a functions to send the chat that are causing it to lock up.

Below is from the pChat comments and what I found out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDwellers
Quote:

Originally Posted by joshmiller83
pChat & Pocket Apochrypha are currently bugged somehow. When used together, reading NEW Motif books causes a HARD Crash. PA alone does not cause this crash and pChat alone to my knowledge doesn't either. Any chance you can look into this?

There is a conflict, I loaded up Pocket Apochrypha and upon reading a book I did crash. I did find a work around though.

In the Pocket Apochrypha options, select the New Book Alert Format, and the Updated Book Alert Format to only send Alerts (center screen in game alert). That solved the crashing problem.

pChat takes over the chat, redoing a lot of the in game chat functions, many addons send information to chat with no problem at all. Only one other has any sort of conflict until now, and that conflict is because it also takes over the game chat functions. In that case it does not cause a crash, pChat simply get ignored and it formats the chat in its own way.

I did notice he uses a different library to send chat, so it is likely that is where it is at.

hawkeye1889 06/17/18 05:44 PM

thanks for posting the workaround DesertDwellers!

hawkeye1889 08/22/18 11:44 PM

Pocket Apocrypha discontinued

is there an alternative to Pocket Apocrypha now that its been discontinued?

ovinnik 08/24/18 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye1889 (Post 35769)
is there an alternative to Pocket Apocrypha now that its been discontinued?

Well, uh, Librarian comes to mind. It still works. Talk about coming full circle.

hawkeye1889 08/24/18 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovinnik (Post 35818)
Well, uh, Librarian comes to mind. It still works. Talk about coming full circle.

Talk about irony lol what version do you use? I tried warewolf finds dragons but it crashes eso

ovinnik 08/24/18 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye1889 (Post 35832)
Talk about irony lol what version do you use? I tried warewolf finds dragons but it crashes eso

I use WFD's last patch and the fix I mentioned in the comment section.

hawkeye1889 08/25/18 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovinnik (Post 35833)
I use WFD's last patch and the fix I mentioned in the comment section.

Thanks but anytime I import or pickup a book eso crashes and its not pchat this time any ideas?

Baertram 08/25/18 05:45 AM

Ovinnik: You might put your version, if it is working, up somewhere so he can download it.
Maybe he did not apply the patch from the comments correctly.

SlippyCheeze 08/25/18 08:45 AM

I said it elsewhere, but I think we should all respect the authors preference: they took down their addons here, and elsewhere, and have been clear about a desire that they are no longer available.

I don't know the original licensing terms, but even if they permit use, I'd suggest that it is in good taste to respect their desire and not republish the addon.

Updating Librarian, and if you want the same feature as this, converting it to use the bookId parameter, or a combination of that and a stringhash of the body text, to identify unique books (and changes over time) wouldn't be wildly difficult.

ovinnik 08/25/18 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 35836)
Ovinnik: You might put your version, if it is working, up somewhere so he can download it.
Maybe he did not apply the patch from the comments correctly.

There's really nothing to it. WFD's update is still available from its original source in the comments (first page), and the fix is just one slightly altered line of code. I'd prefer not to upload anything, to be frank, since I'm neither the author of Librarian nor of the update, and since these book managers have been a ... thorny topic of late. Perhaps I may share my copy via PM if all else fails for OP.

hawkeye1889 08/25/18 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovinnik (Post 35840)
There's really nothing to it. WFD's update is still available from its original source in the comments (first page), and the fix is just one slightly altered line of code. I'd prefer not to upload anything, to be frank, since I'm neither the author of Librarian nor of the update, and since these book managers have been a ... thorny topic of late. Perhaps I may share my copy via PM if all else fails for OP.

Thanks for all the help its a addon conflict on my end I just can't figure out which one is conflicting with Liberian with pocket it was pchat this time however pchat isn't to blame as I removed it and librarian still crashes eso when trying to import books or add new ones if I can't figure it out I'll use votans lore search