ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   AddOns won't work (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1006)

Shaktaze 04/18/14 04:19 PM

AddOns won't work

My ESO AddOns won't show up in the AddOn interface. I have checked multiple times that all the files are there and that the paths are correct. They work on my friends account, but won't show up on mine! I'm usually really good with software issues, but i am at a total loss.

HELP please, and thank you!

skyraker 04/18/14 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaktaze (Post 4876)
My ESO AddOns won't show up in the AddOn interface. I have checked multiple times that all the files are there and that the paths are correct. They work on my friends account, but won't show up on mine! I'm usually really good with software issues, but i am at a total loss.

HELP please, and thank you!

Please post the path to one of your addons so we can verify, just in case.

Seerah 04/18/14 06:47 PM

Post the path all the way down to the addon's .txt file.

/edit: also, please state whether you are on the US or EU server.

shop7838 04/20/14 08:15 PM

Add ons not showing up

I am having the same problem. My line goes like this:

Users>Cheryl>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>Live>Addons

Am I really missing something or am I glitched?

US server and the add on files show up in their entirety in the add on folder listed above

Seerah 04/20/14 09:33 PM

Everything is supposed to be in your Documents folder, not My Documents.
http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?..._howto_install

skyraker 04/21/14 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 5072)
Everything is supposed to be in your Documents folder, not My Documents.
http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?..._howto_install

My Documents is the same as Documents if you go through User.

skyraker 04/21/14 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shop7838 (Post 5070)
I am having the same problem. My line goes like this:

Users>Cheryl>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>Live>Addons

Am I really missing something or am I glitched?

US server and the add on files show up in their entirety in the add on folder listed above

This folder should have folders containing the addons. Is that the case? For example my add on is at Users>tervalas>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>Live>Addons>MyStatusWindow>addon-files

darkaren 05/15/14 06:19 PM

Add on not showing up

I have same issue and have done this a couple times.

I keep seeing some say documents vs My Documents. Under users, my name, my documents, elder scrolls online, live, addons,

i see three folders (binding, img, lib) all but img have folders/files in them. So all looks good.

Login, click add-ons and see and empty menu. Check allow out dated and still empty menu.

Help. yes I'm a novice at this.

Seerah 05/15/14 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkaren (Post 7841)
i see three folders (binding, img, lib) all but img have folders/files in them. So all looks good.

Actually, it sounds as if your addon(s) weren't installed correctly.

The file path should be Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\CoolAddon\CoolAddon.txt

What are you trying to install?

darkaren 05/16/14 09:35 PM

I was adding this

Wykkyd's Framework

Garkin 05/16/14 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkaren (Post 7898)
Wykkyd's Framework

Each addon has to be inside of its own folder.
Download the latest Wykkyd's Framework (mhFramework.zip file), double click on it to see what is inside and drag&drop whole "mhFramework" folder to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\.

Wobin 05/17/14 07:18 PM

Or just use Minion, which will do all the heavy lifting for you

darkaren 05/18/14 03:16 PM

Thanks Garkin!!

I was pulling the folders in the file. All good now

And1drew 12/22/15 09:53 AM

Fix with the sub

I found a fix that should help all of you!

C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ <name of AddOn > \ <AddOn info>

This is the pathway everyone seems to have, but it never works right? I was working on this for a few hours last night and discovered that:
1. one of my AddOns was an empty file
2. there was a subdirectory in all the mods so the pathway was

C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\FoundryTacticalCombat\FoundryTacticalCombat\ <Addon Info>

I found that just by taking out the extra directory the Addon worked fine. So if you are still having problems check to make sure the file you downloaded is correct and there isn't a subdirectory

Baertram 12/27/15 07:50 PM

This will most likely happen if you extract a zip archive and the extraction software (e.g. Winzip) will create a folder named like tne zip file + the extracted subfolder from the archive it's self

jgq85 12/31/15 09:57 PM

Hi I just registered to sign in and post what fixed this issue for me.

Open your PC/main folder, then right-click on the "Document" folder (or library shortcut -- whatever it's called) and choose Properties.

Click the "Location" tab.
Notice the path there may be pointing elsewhere?
Mine was, due to wanting to save space from my SSD by defaulting the "Documents" folder to my bigger HDD (E-Drive).
I had to reset this location back to default, after I moved my data to another folder as to not overfill my C-Drive.

But yeah, now it works and I see my add-ons..!

Baertram 01/02/16 10:44 AM

I'm just wondering why the game won't recognize the "non deafault" documents folder and just reads the folders from the e: drive then??? Seems to be a bug in the game client in my eyes...

jgq85 01/02/16 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 24894)
I'm just wondering why the game won't recognize the "non deafault" documents folder and just reads the folders from the e: drive then??? Seems to be a bug in the game client in my eyes...

Yeah I think it ought to point to the current folder of where the game's installed. The My Documents/Documents path is unorthodox to use for game/software add-ons.

For example in WoW, the addons folder was in C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
or C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft...

Baertram 01/02/16 11:11 AM

The My Documents/Documents path is not unorthodox for games to save files. many games in the past used this user dependend path to store the data.
This way you wouldn't loose your save games and addon stuff if you reinstall the game and the c:\program files\... path gets deleted too.

But in my eyes it shouldn't just use the c:\ (or system harddrive) to scan for the addons but use the real documents path that someone specified in the windows (OS) settings.

jgq85 01/02/16 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 24896)
The My Documents/Documents path is not unorthodox for games to save files. many games in the past used this user dependend path to store the data.
This way you wouldn't loose your save games and addon stuff if you reinstall the game and the c:\program files\... path gets deleted too.

But in my eyes it shouldn't just use the c:\ (or system harddrive) to scan for the addons but use the real documents path that someone specified in the windows (OS) settings.

It seems like the "Documents" folder should be used for "Documents". Call me crazy, though...

And software developers don't have to keep in-game data in Program files, for the unusual scenario that a user would be removing a game from their computer but wanting to keep the installed add-ons..?
That's what the AppData folder is for.