ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials & Other Helpful Info (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Update 37 (Version 8.3) (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10435)

sirinsidiator 01/30/23 11:05 AM

Update 37 (Version 8.3)

The next dlc "Scribes of Fate" will be available on the PTS later today.

New API Version: 101037

Notable Changes
  • New dungeons, item sets, combat changes, etc.
  • Daily/Weekly Reset Timer Updates
  • Housing Quality-Of-Life Improvements
  • Screen Narration in Accessibility Mode
  • Software Occlusion Culling (Beta)
  • ResizeToFitDescendents changes

PTS Dev Guild
We have created guilds on the EU and NA server for all addon developers, which get copied over during the PTS cycle for a new update, so we can test guild related things, ask for help with testing or just chat. If you need an invite, ask here or over on our Matrix channel. You are also free to join them on the live servers so you don't always have to be reinvited when the PTS is wiped.

LinksI'll edit the OP with more useful information as you post it and add the links as they become available.

Masteroshi430 01/30/23 12:56 PM

Update 37 ResizeToFitDescendents changes topic :
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10338

Baertram 01/30/23 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 (Post 47078)
Update 37 ResizeToFitDescendents changes topic :
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10338

Yeah, got that on PTS login e.g.
Code:

ResizeToFitDescendents: Enabling resizToFitDescendents is illegal for Label tbugGlobalInspectorContentsCount
And this happens because I have defined dimension constraints to it too? Or because there is no "child control" which would resize?
Code:

<Label name="$(parent)ContentsCount" font="TbugFontGameVerySmall" color="DDDDDDDD" verticalAlignment="CENTER"
                                          wrapMode="ELLIPSIS" tier="LOW" layer="CONTROLS" level="1" resizeToFitDescendents="true">
                                        <DimensionConstraints maxX="50" maxY="20" minX="0" minY="20" />
                                        <Anchor point="BOTTOMRIGHT" relativeTo="$(parent)Tabs" relativePoint="BOTTOMRIGHT" offsetX="-2" />
                                </Label>

Masteroshi430 01/30/23 11:20 PM

I won't jump on PTS before the API Patch Notes and updated doc because I know that in case of errors I will waste my time fixing them by trial and error. :D

Baertram 01/31/23 04:32 AM

The fix was easy and I think the problem was that there are no child controls to resize to, so the attribute was just "too much" or "not needed".

ZOS_DanBatson 02/01/23 01:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Documentation

ZOS_DanBatson 02/01/23 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 47088)
The fix was easy and I think the problem was that there are no child controls to resize to, so the attribute was just "too much" or "not needed".

Not quite. Label's cannot be marked as resizeToFitDescendants anymore. In fact they never should have been allowing it, because they already do their own resize to fit logic, so it's competing intentions. But now they also use the same scaffolding under the hood to achieve the behavior, so marking a label resizeToFitDescendants is both wrong and can break the label. It doesn't matter whether or not it has children or how many.

TL;DR: You should never have done it, doing it now is even worse than before, and thus there's now an explicit warning about it.

Masteroshi430 02/01/23 02:01 AM

The 2 new QuestRepeatableType :
* QUEST_REPEAT_MONTHLY
* QUEST_REPEAT_WEEKLY
It looks like a reworked quest system is coming sometime this year :)

Baertram 02/01/23 06:15 AM

Thanks for the API files and your explanation Dan.

KLISK 02/01/23 06:15 AM

@ZOS_DanBatson

SetGaussianBlur, SetMotionBlur, SetRadialBlur

This is what I think, now I can set the blur shader to control?
I mean the blur of the 3D scene behind the control.

ZOS_DanBatson 02/01/23 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLISK (Post 47101)
@ZOS_DanBatson

SetGaussianBlur, SetMotionBlur, SetRadialBlur

This is what I think, now I can set the blur shader to control?
I mean the blur of the 3D scene behind the control.

These are things you can do on a Control, similar to how you can add waves, caustics, and masks. It has no effect on the 3D scene itself. But you can blur a control over top of the scene to achieve a large variety of visual effects.

KLISK 02/01/23 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson (Post 47103)
These are things you can do on a Control, similar to how you can add waves, caustics, and masks. It has no effect on the 3D scene itself. But you can blur a control over top of the scene to achieve a large variety of visual effects.

Is it possible to add a shader to blur only the 3d scene behind the control? Like the full-screen blur effects that are used in the game?

ZOS_DanBatson 02/01/23 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLISK (Post 47104)
Is it possible to add a shader to blur only the 3d scene behind the control? Like the full-screen blur effects that are used in the game?

That blur is a specific post process effect, not a control pixel shader effect. You can use SetFullscreenEffect to do whatever you want within the parameters of what that provides if you want to make your own blur of the background in that way. But these new blurs aren't in any way related to that API and do not extend it.

Masteroshi430 02/03/23 04:23 PM

OK, just tried the PTS and I have one addon with SetResizeToFitDescendents on labels that throws these "illegal" errors, if I comment it, all labels are superimposed so my question is what should I replace it with?

EDIT:
Ah I get it:
The controls using SetResizeToFitDescendents were parents of the CT_LABEL ones but were also CT_LABEL type controls, I changed them to CT_CONTROL type so they can still use SetResizeToFitDescendents.

Masteroshi430 02/06/23 04:05 PM

Quote:

Update 37 Base Game
"Many daily timers have been aligned to the same time as the Daily Login Reward (3am UTC for European servers and 10am UTC for North American servers)"
So this means that addons calculating daily quests, Daily Writs and Hireling mails time before reset by an hardcoded maneer (e.g. Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter) will be able to use:
Lua Code:
  1. GetTimeUntilNextDailyLoginRewardClaimS() --(seconds)
:)

ZOS_DanBatson 03/16/23 12:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Updated docs