ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Chat (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Error 307 - kicked from server (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9521)

TNTKokser 12/27/20 03:34 PM

Error 307 - kicked from server

Since the last update I have a problem finishing my master writs at Rolis Hlaalu. I often become kicked from server, Error 307 (6:3:1516:2). I cannot figure out what exactly is the problem and how I could prevent it.

Several AddOns may be involved in this problem, more or less indirect. It will be a long story, but it may be useful to start from the beginning and describe exactly what I am doing. The error is not reproducable. It happens in several situations, but always while talking to Rolis Hlaalu.

I earn my money selling Research Scrolls.
While running around looting I visit every guild trader looking for master writs. Together with AGS and WritWorthy I find all writs that will cost me less than 400 gold per writ voucher including all materials. For 3 vouchers I'll get 1 research scroll, selling it for 1750 gold each (more won't sell, less sell faster I could produce them).

Of course this only makes sense using other AddOns, namely CraftStore, Daily Provisioning, Daily Alchemy, Confirm Master Writ, HomeStationMarker and, again, WritWorthy with it's fantastic feature to automaticly craft all writs in my inventory WITHOUT starting the crafting quest.

So I collect 50-100 writs, beam to the guild hall, mark all writs in WritWorthy for automatic crafting, HomeStationMarker sets markers above the crafting stations to visit, I do a fast run through the guild hall, 10min later I have 50 master writs finished and find my way to Rolis Hlaalu.

Now the problem starts.

I stand in front of Rolis Hlaalu, press I, scroll to the first writ in the inventory, press E to select it, press E to start the quest, press E to talk to Rolis Hlaalu, press E to finish the quest and take my reward, press I to open the inventory again and so on (I sort my inventory in reverse alphabetic order, so in the german client the "versiegelter Versorgerschrieb" will be the first in the list and I don't have to scroll, just press I, E, E, E, E and from the beginning).

When I was kicked from server the first time it was when I did this, as fast as the UI is able to answer. If you do this that fast, the messages "starting quest: crafting bla bla bla" comes AFTER the corresponding "quest finished". So I thought this might be the problem. So I did it slower and not all similar writs one after the other, I scrolled around to do a blacksmithing, an alchemy, a clothing etc.

First it seemed to work, but suddenly I was kicked when buying the research scrolls. I usually buy 100 each, so I have to press 100x E for blacksmithing, 100x E for clothing etc. Again, I thought I did that to fast, so I pressed 10x, made a break, etc. Again, I thought that solved the problem. (I should mention that the messages "quest started" and "quest finished" still fill the screen one by one during I buy my scrolls)

But today I was kicked AFTER I already had bought all my 300 scrolls. I still had nearly 400 vouchers left, so I scrolled though Rolis Hlaalus inventory for some nice and good selling expensive receips (using MM and TTC info). At the moment (about 1 min after the last purchasing) I found an interesting item I was kicked.

I need all the AddOns, otherwise it would be too much work. And it only makes sense doing this fast. It already takes me 1 hour or so all together plus the farming of the materials. I do this 1-2 times per week. I need to figure what exactly makes the client kicking me off the server. How can I prevent that?

Baertram 12/27/20 04:01 PM

Can't you right click the scrolls and choose "Buy multiple"? At least this works for other items.

You will always be booted from the server if you repeat to do the same thing (use keybinds like E) several times after another.
The server counts this, + depending on your enabled addons also some events or callbacks will trigger which count on top of that, as spamming and if you spam enough messages to the server you will get booted.

You can only prevent this, if you disable addons which do automatic stuff like auto craft, auto buy, auto sort, auto change guild message, auto whatever. Or if thse addons provide it: Increase the delay in it's settings it will wait between each automatically done thing.

If you get booted without any addon active you have either spammed the sever by keybindings like mutiple times pressing E etc. after another, even with a wait-time this might happen if you do not wait the same time and about 250 ms at least between them.
Or you changed guild member notes too quick after each other, or you have deconstructed several items manually after each other instead of using the mutli deconstruction fetaure (mark multiple items and press keybind/button only once), etc.

I'd start to disable some addons depending on what you do, and reenable them later as you really need them. And try to use the "buy mutiple" context menu at vendors.
+ do not do crafting stuff or vendor stuff at crowded locations. Might be coincidance but I realized the guild bank etc. will be much slower in bigger crowded cities than somewhere else where no other players are near. And I got kicked there with the same error message more often than in non-crowded areas.

ziggr 12/27/20 04:52 PM

You're not doing anything wrong: the network is just being extra awful to you today.

I've heard several reports of "307 booted from server" during Rolis turn-ins. These seem to correspond to double-XP events, which lead me to suspect that too-rapid XP gain can be a trigger.

I've also heard reports of 307 boot during WritWorthy auto-crafting. Rare, but I've heard a few.

In both cases, I suspect that in addition to the rapid XP gain or crafting events, there might also need to be a bit of random bad luck, due to network traffic causing XP or crafting network messages to get bunched up on the internet and then all arrive at the ZOS servers close enough in time that they trigger a 307 boot punishment.

To add one more inconsistent data point: I experimented with automating the bulk accepting of master writ quests and dialog with Rolis. It races through turning in 100+ writs in just a few minutes, and not once has it trigged a 307 boot punishment. Yet you're doing the same thing, manually, and getting punished for it.

Baertram 12/27/20 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggr (Post 42877)
To add one more inconsistent data point: I experimented with automating the bulk accepting of master writ quests and dialog with Rolis. It races through turning in 100+ writs in just a few minutes, and not once has it trigged a 307 boot punishment. Yet you're doing the same thing, manually, and getting punished for it.

Sounds like "works as designed" to me :p

TNTKokser 12/27/20 04:57 PM

fugg
I never opened the context menu of a traders inventory. There is a buy multiple :o:o:o
That may solve the problem.

ok, that makes sense. However, when running raids with my sorcerer I'm spamming 3 and left click in a crowded area for at least 1 hour, what's the difference? :confused:

TNTKokser 12/27/20 05:00 PM

Quote:

I love you :D

Baertram 12/27/20 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNTKokser (Post 42879)
fugg
ok, that makes sense. However, when running raids with my sorcerer I'm spamming 3 and left click in a crowded area for at least 1 hour, what's the difference? :confused:

Action bars -> using skills does not seem to count as message spam to the server, at least not inside dungeons or overland as you are in combat. Never tested if you can get booted by using them out of combat in cities but I doubt it.
You'd have to ask ZOs for the details what counts as message spam to the server, and what doesn't -> see ziggrs 100+ automation tasks of quest accept and turn in

Marazota 12/28/20 01:50 AM

all advices wrong

you got kicked because you was flagged as bot

if you will get experience and will not change position of your hero = kick and temporary ban for botting (5 minutes)

so change position every few levels/10 minutes while turning in writs and you will be fine

error 307 its not about spamming the server, spamming the server has another error
people who was kicked during writworthy crafting - also for same reason, just server react slow, so when they turning in alot writs standing at one place they must be kicked, but server info was updated in the moment when they come to crafting station after that actions, to craft more writs

TNTKokser 12/28/20 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marazota (Post 42888)
all advices wrong

you got kicked because you was flagged as bot

mh, this does not correspond with ziggrs tests of his new automatic bulk accepting of master writs. He should be kicked too then.

Marazota 12/28/20 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNTKokser (Post 42889)
mh, this does not correspond with ziggrs tests of his new automatic bulk accepting of master writs. He should be kicked too then.

read his post again
he told he did 100 writs in few minutes
few minutes its not enough to get kicked, you need to stay at same place for 8-12 minutes or so, and receive certain amount of exp(very low, i suspect even 1 exp is enough)

this was explained many times before if you googled this error
also its very easy to reproduce even without writs, with two accounts or in dolmen group

TNTKokser 12/28/20 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marazota (Post 42892)
read his post again

I did

Quote:

I experimented with automating the bulk accepting of master writ quests and dialog with Rolis. It races through turning in 100+ writs in just a few minutes, and not once has it trigged a 307 boot punishment. Yet you're doing the same thing, manually, and getting punished for it.

How do you "bulk accepting of master writ quests and dialog with Rolis" while running around?

Marazota 12/28/20 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNTKokser (Post 42894)
I experimented with automating the bulk accepting of master writ quests and dialog with Rolis. It races through turning in 100+ writs in just a few minutes, and not once has it trigged a 307 boot punishment. Yet you're doing the same thing, manually, and getting punished for it.

FEW MINUTES is the key
you kicked not for quantity of writs or amount of experience per minute

but for standing in one place getting exp for too long
obviously longer than in his test

TNTKokser 12/28/20 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marazota (Post 42897)
FEW MINUTES is the key
you kicked not for quantity of writs or amount of experience per minute

if I do 100+ writs it takes me a few minutes too
I understand what you want to say, but if it works for ziggr automaticly, and I'm sure his char will not walk around while talking to Rolis, it should work for the manual way too. As he said in his posting: I do it exact the same way, but manually. With breaks. In more random frequence as his addon will. For me it sounds more logical what ziggr and beartram told me.

EDIT:
ah, ok, I read it the other way. You think, it takes me too long, I should try faster, not slower.

Marazota 12/29/20 06:18 PM

yes, frequence and speed and pauses between writs doesnt matter
just do one small step in any direction every ~5 minutes and you will never be kicked

TNTKokser 12/29/20 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marazota (Post 42906)
yes, frequence and speed and pauses between writs doesnt matter
just do one small step in any direction every ~5 minutes and you will never be kicked

mhh, ok. It takes me 2-3 min for 100 writs, but ok

Marazota 01/01/21 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNTKokser (Post 42909)
mhh, ok. It takes me 2-3 min for 100 writs, but ok

then change position per 50 writs or so