View Single Post
08/02/14, 08:23 PM   #6
Bullwraith
Originally Posted by Bullwraith View Post
My passwords for these sites use only numbers & letters. No special characters. I think I'll try resetting my pw and see how that works. I'll let you know the result.
Success!

Allrighty. I ended up uninstalling Minion. I had run it earlier today and subsequently it would not launch. So I ran the uninstaller and got the message that some elements could not be removed. So I went digging around and figured out how to get to the hidden directory (C:\Users\Username\.minion\) but could not delete it because it was "in use". Same thing with the .junique folder which seems to be associated with the program.

Restarted and was now able to delete those folders. Downloaded fresh installer from the Minion site and it told me that C:\Users\Bullwraith\AppData\Local\Minion already existed. So I went and looked there and the old Minion, uninstaller and a few misc files were there. I deleted the whole \Minion directory and then the installer was happy. Minion installed and launched, and I was able to log in!

So at least in my case, using the Programs and Feature control panel to uninstall Minion leaves some stuff behind that may or may not be the culprit. I hope that this helps with the troubleshooting.

Last edited by Bullwraith : 08/02/14 at 08:25 PM. Reason: grammar corrections