View Single Post
08/12/14, 03:48 PM   #3
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ShabbyOne View Post
I am having an issue with actually getting my add ons that I downloaded to appear. I've read through several forums and still think I have done this correctly. Can anyone help?

Here's my current path:

C:\Users\Me\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

I'm beginning to think it might be an issue with Window 8. I unzipped the files and placed them into the Add On folder above. I've even deleted them and started over on it. I read somewhere that I had to delete the Add On Settings text file to trick the game into rebooting the Add Ons... Still no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.
If it is the right user, there is no Windows issue. Your documents folder/user profile is the least proteced/most accessible folder while you are logged in. As a programmer this is the only folder I can savely asume write and read right too.

You need to unzip the addosn without creating a subfolder (we usually compress the whoel folder), then copy that unpacked folder into the Addon Folder. That is the most common mistake when unzipping.

Also the folder name and the .txt file (manifest) must be named absolutely identical and must be free of spaces/special characters.

If you were usign unified chat tabs, the path would have to look:
"C:\Users\Me\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\UnifiedChatTabs"
with the .txt file having the following position:
"C:\Users\Me\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\UnifiedChatTabs\UnifiedChatTabs.txt"