View Single Post
09/07/14, 04:51 AM   #11
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Everything I did was tested first.

There are THOUSANDS of ways to use my addons. I cannot possibly think of everything a user will do.

My initial publishing worked flawlessly FOR ME, and for 3 other testers BEFORE publishing.

Every single update after that was to kill ALL KNOWN BUGS that had been reported to me AT THAT TIME.

Not once was I sitting there going, "oh hey, let's just publish what I have so far, hyuhyu...". I fixed the bugs I had, tested amongst several people and published. Then 30 to 40 minutes would go by and someone else would ping me with something else I hadn't found yet. I WAS TRYING TO GRIND EXP on my Templar after every single publish.

I started this last code sprint at 7:15 am Friday. I worked straight through until, what, 11 am Saturday before my first publish? 28 hours? Don't you think I wanted to PLAY by that point, not program? I ended up pulling almost 40 hours straight supporting these addons yesterdayandthedaybeforecombined. Trust me, if there was a way to publish less I would've published less.

Or hey, better yet maybe you can scurry off with all of your expertise and find me a professional QA team so I can launch bug free every time, eh? Maybe I'll do scrum meetings every morning with you, keep you up to speed. Right? This is an unpaid gig. I already have one day job.

I've been in software development for almost 30 years, champ (1986 to 2014, do the math). There is nothing you're going to tell me that I don't already know. I'm sorry my updates were inconvenient for you, but that's just how **** played out. Take your angst somewhere else. It's doing none of us any good.