View Single Post
11/24/14, 06:24 PM   #17
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by circonian;
As I said I never used libFilters or any of these addons and when I was looking at all of this I wasn't really paying attention to what was getting filtered & what wasn't, so I may be way off in my assumptions here, but from the code that I did look at...If ANY filter returns false then the item will not be displayed correct? So I don't really see how this makes different addons filters work together. That seems to me like they actually work against each other.
If you want item 1,2, & 3 to show, but not item 4, 5, & 6...your filter returns true on the first 3 & false on the next 3. But then if another addon has filters registered that does the opposite: returning false for the first 3 items & true for the last 3...Since each item had a false return somewhere, wont all of the items end up hidden? Thus your addon did not get what it wanted Items 1, 2, & 3 were hidden?
Correct. And this is how it should work. If I got several addons (FCOItemSaver, AdvancedFilters, ItemSaver, etc.) all filters should apply to one item.
Example:
I mark a medium piece of armor (some gloves) with the "Gear set 1" icon from FCOItemSaver and put the medium armor on my bank. At the bank I enable FCOItemSaver's "Gear" filter so the item will be hidden from the bank inventory.
This applies to the inventory tabs "All" and "Armor".

If I switch to the AdvancedFilters subtabs for "Armor" I can choose different armor types (light, medium, heavy) and the parts (head, body, feet, gloves, etc.) by buttons & dropdown box.
I select all medium armor (by button=1 additional filter) and gloves (by dropdown box=another filter).
In total 3 filters are active now: FCOItemSaver "gear sets", AdvancedFilters button "medium armor", AdvancedFilters dropdown "gloves".
All gloves of medium armor will be shown now, except the ones marked with FCOItemSaver's "Gear set 1" icons.
This behaviour (multiple filters of different addons apply to the same item) is wished (at least for FCOItemSaver :-) ).

You could even mark an item with 2 different icons in FCOItemSaver and enable one filter but set the other filter to "show only marked". They will work against each other too. The item will be shown because "show only marked" is set, which weights more then filter enabled (hide item).

Originally Posted by circonian;
As for that part I have no clue. I was only checking the sequence as you had stated the visible problem from, with 1 itemSaver filter on & clicking AdvancedFilter tabs. After going through libFilters & AdvancedFilters and trying to document what I found on those two I just didn't have time to look into ItemSaver. So any other connections to the problem caused by ItemSaver I didn't get a chance to look for.
Edit: As an after thought to this question, it could it possibly be what I said above..by turning on itemSaver filters as well more & more filters get registered causing more & more updates to process on every single slot.
Could be. I noticed that the really noticeable slowdown happens only at banks & guild banks. At your local vendor, crafting stations and inventory the fixed version I've tried today was working with a better performance. Maybe it is because of the amount of items stored at the banks (up to 500).

For today I'll stop trying to find a workaround. The performance was increased now, but it is still too laggy and slow.