View Single Post
11/29/14, 02:44 AM   #39
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Today I hit some new (to me at least) issues with FCO Item Saver at BLACKSMITHING station. I still have those greaves reserved for research in bank, but couldn't pick them for research when the research icon was green (with red/yellow I could).
Hey merlight,

this behaviour is wanted:

The "research icon" at the bottom of your inventory is not related to researching at crafting station only! I created this filter for marking researchable items, that's right. But you can even change this icon in the settings. It only relates to the appropriate marked items.
Marked items with research icon (or let's say we changed it to a "duck" symbol) -> Will be filtered by clicking the icon at the bottom of inventories showing the same symbol ("research" or "duck").

Researching marked items is not possible if they are marked with any of the icons, as long as you:
a) won't enable the setting "Allow marked items for research"
b) if this setting a) is enabled and the item is marked, you need to disable the appropriate filter (yellow or red state) at the deconstruction panel inventory bottom (by pressing the appropriate filter button icon)
If a) and b) apply you will be able to select the item at the research popup.

It was implemented this way because ppl wanted a save way to secure the marked items. Only filtering them at deconstruction would allow to research, and deconstruct them this way.
So I decided to block the marked items totally and allow the players to set the wished behaviour in the settings.
Easiest way (for me) to allow researching of marked items:
-Enable setting "Allow researching of marked items"
-if you don't have enabled the anti-deconstruction settings, which prevents marked items to be selected (see below about your other "bug"):
Enable the filters at deconstruction panels too (to avoid deconstruction of items)
-At the research popup right-click the item you wish to research and disable the mark
-Now the item will get green and will be selectable for researching

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Also sometimes hovering over them in decon tab didn't show the blue highlight.
This is wished too. At least the following things should apply:
-If the setting "Anti-Deconstruction" is enabled the marked items at the deconstruction panels won't be selectable by mouse (this is why the blue frame is missing).
-The right click menu for those items won't show the "Add to deconstruction slot" entry any more
-Mouse Drag&drop to deconstruction slot won't work anymore
-Keybindings to add the item to the deconstruction slot won't work anymore
If an item won#t be deconstructable, because the setting is enabled and the item is marked, the chat will give you a feedback entry too.

This applies to "Anti-destroy", "Anti-maiL" and "anti-trade" the same way, if the appropriate settings are enabled.

The way it is working now will allow players using a gamepad (which emulates the keybindings on button press) to save the items as well. I tried several ways to get only the keybindings disappear, but this will f**k up most of the keybindings and related in strange behaviours.
So the current solution will work pretty well for mouse, keyboard AND gamepads.

If you want to disable this anti-destruction behaviour you can do this in the settings (at the bottom), or just unmark the item by right-click menu.

I copied the pre-hook functions from another addon that was trying to disable the keybindings etc. (see the discalimer info by "saykoaddon" inside my addon source at line 4166).
I'll check if changing the pre-hook methods to your solution will still work they way it is intended.
The biggest problem was to make the keybindings not work anymore on mouse enter of marked items, but make them work again for all other non-marked items.
This was quite difficult as the keybindings must work for ALL other panels, and even needs to be checked for events like mouseenter, mouseexit, mousewheel, mousedown, etc.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/29/14 at 02:59 AM.