View Single Post
08/11/15, 02:50 PM   #9
Talen-Shei
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by @AlphaLemming View Post
In an automated guild I would not feel comfortable. Some things should be done by the one, who wants to lead a guild. Yes, thats sometime a lot of work, but you can assign officers and delegate. A real good guild climate is created with a personal touch.
Maybe, there will be a addon for automated playing in automated guilds or just enjoy to play with your friends and not with bits and bytes .. or i'am only oldschool

(This should not be a flame, only food for thoughts)
Lemming, the problem with that, as a former GuildMaster on multiple MMO's is the GM gets the very life sucked out of them. There is a huge demand on the GM and officers, and they do not get to really enjoy playing the game, instead they spend an exorbitant amount of time going over everything the officers have done and trying to figure out whether a mistake has been made, as well as trying to resolve social issues. If we can take one item off that feast platter, that's more time the GM gets to really know his members.

If nobody has done this yet, I'll start a git repo for it and lay some groundwork. Also Circonian, I believe that if the guild notes can be returned from the API one could parse the text. Use a similar format to the OP and go with [key:data].

Speaking of I have started the git repo. Let me know if you want to contribute. I've just done some boilerplating and am working on finding the appropriate functions in the API.