View Single Post
01/05/17, 04:23 AM   #1
Zinival
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I made replacement Action Bar textures, but I need help with LUA.

I made some replacement textures for the action bar. I don't know anything about LUA yet, so I have no idea how to get them in the game properly.

I read this thread, Replace Texture Throughout UI and the Writing your first addon tutorial. I tried to follow them, but I'm just not understanding it.

Here is exactly what I put in the .lua file.

Lua Code:
  1. CleanActionBar = {}
  2. CleanActionBar.name = "CleanActionBar"
  4.     local function Addon_Loaded(eventCode, addOnName)
  5.         if (addOnName == "CleanActionBar") then
  6.             RedirectTexture("esoui/art/actionbar/abilityframe64_down.dds", "CleanActionBar/textures/cleanabilityframe_down.dds")
  7.             RedirectTexture("esoui/art/actionbar/abilityframe64_up.dds", "CleanActionBar/textures/cleanabilityframe_up.dds")
  8.             RedirectTexture("esoui/art/actionbar/ability_keybindbg.dds", "CleanActionBar/textures/cleanability_keybindbg.dds")
  9.             RedirectTexture("esoui/art/actionbar/ultimatemeter_frame64.dds.dds", "CleanActionBar/textures/cleanultimatemeter_frame64.dds.dds")
  10.         end
  11.     end
  13.      EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("CleanActionBar", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, Addon_Loaded)

With that, the texture replacements work, but there's no way to disable the addon once it's installed. If I disable it in the addon menu the textures from my addon still show up. What am I missing to make it work properly?

I'd really appreciate some help with this. I have some nice, pretty Action Bar textures that I'd love to share. They look great with other UI mods, and as far as I'm aware there are no other Action Bar textures available yet.

Any help or explanation would be most welcome! Please help me.