Thread: LootDrop gone?
View Single Post
04/07/14, 10:49 PM   #26
Ark

Lets be clear about this: This is a enrage.
We are between programers, so we know what it be to deal with ungrateful bad-mannered people. Usually, the customers. And then, because we won money out of that, we eat it.
But this is an altruistic none-profitable kind of programing, that we do in our free time. Our free time! Instead of playing, going out, or just do whatever other thing we could want.
To be screwed by the same users you are trying to help...that's not ok. But the world its full of ********, and internet even more. We all know the tonic is that people who come to say something usually comes to say something bad. Maybe a bug, maybe something they want different...and usually they say it like its an order.
...Because, you know, you are our slave. Sometimes our *****. You do the addon for us, because reasons.
We all know this.

Now, we are still between programers. And because we know, we can still talk.
When you do this kind of work, its like some kind of baby. Maybe a puppy. Its yours. You love it. And you want it to succeed.
You don't want anyone to maintain it. Even if you get enraged and drop it.
I read that somehow she is still developing some addons at github. If I did read it right, then there you have it: She doesn't want to stop developing her work.
She is just mad, and I think every ****ing one of us understand her.

But now its time to calm down, think it twice, and come back.
Why? Because we need her. And because she want to.
Even before I knew she was a 'she', he was one of my favorite addon developers on ESO.
Jesus, she got me MSBT on ESO! Just for that I'll be always grateful!
She just need to 'feel the love'. And that is what I think many people is doing in this thread. (Not only for her...I think every addon developer deserves to feel the love once in a while)
We users just love that work, even when we forget that behind it there is a human being working hard to gift it to us. Some people just know it every time they see the download count, and not really need to be reminded...but when you got flamed in your very addon forum space, its cool to have a thread when people ask you to came back.

So, I hope she do came back. Not only for us, but for herself too

(pd: sorry if my english sound weird...every time I read the 'feel the love' and 'came back' lines It feels like they are ****ing wrong, and I don't know why for sure XD )

Last edited by Cairenn : 04/08/14 at 02:17 AM.