View Single Post
04/18/22, 08:12 AM   #4
Magic Charmer
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
As the error message folder and filename (there is no LoreBooks in there?) tells you this got nothing to do with LoreBooks so please just read instead of making assumptions

These folders/filenames belong to MasterMerchant if I'm not wrong and it seems the file there got too big, or corrupt somehow. If it fixes itself it's good.

To understand more you can read the sticky post about SavedVariables too.
I apologize for inappropriately and illogically accusing LoreBooks of the error I encountered.
Actually, I have not had any more errors and now everything works fine.
I am not a developer but simply a gamer who understands absolutely nothing about programming and next time I will avoid writing wrong without being sure what I am talking about.
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Your game must have crashed because the error says unfinished string near end of file the file is corrupt and can not be repaired. Post in the MM comments section.
However, I do not intend to unnecessarily disturb Sharlikran by opening another post in the MM comments section, because I have not had any error messages anymore and I can confirm that, simply, some prices of certain items that I sell in the Trade Guilds (which have always the same price) are no longer saved in MM but it doesn't matter, as when I made new sales of those objects, their prices were saved again by MM. Next time I can also consider using my Minion backups to restore the previous version of the corrupt lua file. I confirm, as told by Sharlikran, that my game has crashed.