Thread: Addon Etiquette
View Single Post
04/26/14, 12:27 AM   #54
Vicster0

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Joviex View Post
Sounds like you need a better system =) We use all 3 platforms as well, daily, and auto-translates happen when people push Xcode up or push from VS. That is more a tooling problem -- automation.
Unfortunately, there is no better system for us - I work in enterprise storage and the differences are because of going form one storage system or compute node to another and then to my workstation, a server, or my laptop. Though I do develop software to "assist" my team and myself, I am by no means a software engineer by trade thus, it's not my work.

As far as the rest goes, I totally agree with you. I think the objective of the standards and conventions being discussed in this thread is one of avoiding stepping-on-toes, as it where. Which obviously deals mostly with the manner in which you declare and use globals and their naming, the usages and inclusion of libraries, etc.

And of course, if you work on a team of authors - much like the matter of being a software engineer for a living - I would highly suggest discussing and deciding on standards regarding styles and whitespace... amongst yourselves. :P In a controlled environment, this is something that not only should be done, must be done. On this scale, it's basically a moot point.