View Single Post
06/07/14, 01:48 PM   #5
mctaylor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I thought it was an addon bug, but ...

I thought it was a bug from either one or more out-of-date addons. Shortly after the 1.1.3 patch was released I added some new addons. In particular, I added some banking/ inventory related addons, including some that were not all updated for 1.1, and I suspected one of them (I only noticed / experienced the bug after adding these addons).

When I disabled about half of the freshly added addons, my main character stopped experiencing the problem, so I added a couple more addons that I had really liked, and still didn't experience the problem, so I figured it was caused by an API 1.1 change in one of the addons I didn't re-enable, most, if not all, of which were out of date. Being that most of them were already out-of-date I figured isolating the problem wasn't worth it if the addon was clearly not being maintained.

Then last night I was playing with an alternate character, and I experienced the same problem again, even after matching my addon selection with my main character. I did seem to be able to decrease the frequency by reducing the number of addons, both overall and in particular of the out of date ones.

So I would suggest trying disabling any out-of-date addons first, and any addons you can live without, to see if that reduces the frequency of occurrences at least. Then slowly (i.e. one at a time) re-enable addons that you do miss.

It may well be a "native" ESO UI focus bug, but at least in my experience, it does appear you may be able to reduce how frequent it occurs.