View Single Post
03/16/18, 09:55 AM   #3
z3r05k111
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
It's not silly but a helping information for you, as the user:
The upload date of the addon is the date as it got "fixed" or updated last.

Why on earth would anyone ever need to see the date as the addon got installed?
Both dates are helping, but why not just check which addons you will update before pressing the "update all" button?
Im not sure what you're driving at, but the installed-date has nothing to do with it needing updated. When an addon has an available update i hit the button, plain and simple. But now after installing like 10 addons, one of them has quite literally broken the game and I cant log in, so my only recourse is to disable ALL out of date addons then re-enable them one at a time to find the culprit.

And im not sure if you've ever done it, but it's quite a time-consuming process. Whereas if there were an option to sort by the date installed, I could simply disable the last couple installed. I could have fixed the problem 40 minutes ago.

And I appreciate that you're trying to be a smart ass, but a "sort by date installed" option would be far more relevant to any common user than the than sort by date uploaded/date updated. So again, this wasn't about an update breaking my game, but a new addition to my list entirely.

There's a reason windows itself has kept a log of the date you installed or created a program/file in the properties, and allows you to sort by it (and before you try to one-up me again, I tried sorting the addon folder by date and it's ****ed. simply not working properly-- showin addons ive used since day one amongst more recent additions)

Last edited by z3r05k111 : 03/16/18 at 10:00 AM.