View Single Post
05/19/14, 04:02 AM   #2
BornDownUnder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by perigorn View Post
Ok so here's what happens: (see attached pic)

What's going on with Minion.

It won't go beyond checking for add-ons.....
Unfortunately you have not posted much in the way of details for anybody to offer assistance, those details in terms of your OS version, system specs, your attempts at troubleshooting, etc.

My complete stab in the dark is you have recently downloaded Minion after you have already installed addons and for some reason Minion is hanging when it finds those addons, for some reason it cannot handle those addons being there, as Minion has not been used to install them (Don't quote me on that though as I am no coder/programmer) Lets try some quick troubleshooting attempts though:

Have you tried running Minion with Administrative Rights? It might be an permissions issue where Minion is being denied access to folders where you have your addons.

One thing you could try is to temporarily remove your addons folder from the file directory:
Libraries\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\ (For Windows 7) or
C:\Users\<UserProfileName>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\ (Most other OS file structure)

Another quick troubleshooting attempt I may suggest is to delete the minion.xml file located:
C:\Users\<UserProfileName>\.minion\

If that fails, then I would suggest attempting to re-install Minion itself.

If none of those quick and easy troubleshooting attempts don't assist you, can you attach your minion.log file so others can try and assist further, generally that is the best method to get assistance with application issues of any kind.

Last edited by BornDownUnder : 05/19/14 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Edits here & there for faster reading.